OT: Kevin Dineen Reunited With Kris Versteeg

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Good for him, great guy, build up the resume. Still the only coach to bring us to the playoffs this century.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Dineen still has ways to go to become a succeesful HC in the NHL, coaching next to Q is probably a good start.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm glad to hear this. I never disliked Dineen, but things just weren't working out in his situation here. I can't think of a better organization and head coach for him to work with than in Chicago.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Might increase our possibilities to trade with them, even if its just as an assistant coach am I sure they would ask him if Tallon approached Hawks for a trade.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Are you talking about the same team that took Kris Versteeg and Rostislav Olesz?

They took Kris Versteeg at a diminished rate. We had Versteeg as a first liner and it was garbage. They had Versteeg as a third liner and it wasn't so bad.

And they hardly took Olesz. More like they buried him.

My point though is that the addition of Kevin Dineen will not influence Chicago in making a poor decision. Dineen is an ******* anyways. My money says he hated most of his players lol.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
@GeorgeRichards: RT @TramyersCSN: Quick story on Kevin Dineen joining his friend/former teammate Q on #Blackhawks coaching staff: http://t.co/KZfbcexNXG/s/wUk5

LOL and they've still got Kitchen they are the Vancouver for our ex coaches. Well except they win.

what does that tell you?

good for him, though it will be a long time (if ever) before he gets another chance to run a team.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
what does that tell you?

good for him, though it will be a long time (if ever) before he gets another chance to run a team.

I think he will. Dineen is a good coach, he just lost the locker room here. His style didn't work well with what we had, but I'm still grateful for the playoffs he helped us get to.

I see him taking a route similar to our current head coach Gerard Gallant. Dineen will probably be an assistant for a few years, make himself a name and then another young, up-and-coming team will likely pick him up to be there main guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad