Celebrity Death: Kevin Conroy

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Oh man, this bums me out big time. He might be one of my favourite Batmans, if not, certainly the best Bruce Wayne/Batman duos as I consider them two different characters. I'm not one that gets very excited or star struck about many celebrities, but voice actors for some reason do it for me.

He and Robin Williams were roommates when they were young, struggling actors too.

He even made a live appearance as Bruce Wayne/Batman on Crisis on Infinite Earths

Last edited:
Reactions: Twisted Sinister

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Oh man, this bums me out big time. He might be one of my favourite Batmans, if not, certainly the best Bruce Wayne/Batman duos as I consider them two different characters. I'm not one that gets very excited or star struck about many celebrities, but voice actors for some reason do.

He and Robin Williams were roommates when they were young, struggling actors too.

He even made a live appearance as Bruce Wayne/Batman on Crisis on Infinite Earths

The best Batman in my opinion. It's not even close.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
The best Batman in my opinion. It's not even close.
Agreed.

He played both personas off of each other brilliantly, without losing what made each one separate and unique. Even when some of the episodes or movies had iffy writing. Luckily that didn't happen all that often.

RIP Kevin: always and forever the voice of Batman

Reactions: Twisted Sinister

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Worth a read if you want to get a sense of how he approached the character. Or characters, as others have mentioned.

Reactions: Hasbro

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Best version of Batman as far as i'm concerned. He did so much for bringing that character into a new age than even guys like Michael Keaton and Burton couldn't with Batman: TAS and then continually reprising the character in a bunch of DC animated films, Justice League and eventually the Arkham games which for my money is the best piece of Batman related media next to Mask of the Phantasm. Absolutely perfect mix of being the superhero and human being that no other portrayal has come close to imo.

Damn shame he's gone so soon. Doubly so because Mark Hamil's one condition for doing anything voice acting related with Joker was to be alongside Conroy's Batman, so that means he's probably done by proxy as well.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Very sad. Wished he was cast to do more of the Batman voices in the DC animated movies. I was fine with Bruce Greenwood but McNamara who voiced most of the Batman roles alongside his son Damien just didn’t have a deep enough Batman voice for me.

But unfortunately, I think Kevin’s time voicing Batman was bearing an end. First is cost which typically happens as voice actors become known for a character plus his age. Didn’t sound old but similar to Peter Cullen who voiced optimus prime, Peter can only do an experienced optimus. His voice is sounding older as he is in his 80’s.

Think Kevin had a couple more years left in him to voice Batman as he was almost 67.

Is it just me or did Kevin kind of have a face to play the Joker?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad