Value of: Kevin bahl

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Mid round pick, better off just keeping him and hope he figures out how to use his giant frame better.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Mid round pick, better off just keeping him and hope he figures out how to use his giant frame better.
Scandella would go your way for cap and we could retain 50%. Would a 2nd make it worth it.

I could imagine him with parayko in a year or so. Two 6'6 guys on same line. Boom

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Probably not worth it right now for the Devils, but when everyone is healthy, I'd probably be okay with moving him and letting Hatakka play the 3rd pair LHD role (or Misyul).

I don't know that I'd trade him for a pick, but rather like a similar type of forward? Youngish, bottom line guy who can maybe play up on the third line every now and again.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
There's not really any reason to trade Bahl, especially with NJ's lack of depth on the blueline.
Siegenthaler coming back and Hatakkas emergence make Bahl have to fight for third pairing where he should be better than what he's been this year. A lot of us would rather Hatakka at the moment though. Bahls been a trainwreck this year and banking on him to take the next step is one of the few blemishes on Fitz so far.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I've only watched him closely for a couple of games. His first step is so bad. I wonder if it can be fixed? There could be a nice bottom pairing defenseman with bite there if it can.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Siegenthaler coming back and Hatakkas emergence make Bahl have to fight for third pairing where he should be better than what he's been this year. A lot of us would rather Hatakka at the moment though. Bahls been a trainwreck this year and banking on him to take the next step is one of the few blemishes on Fitz so far.

My guess is that Fitz won't make a a long term move on Bahl (trading him) based on Hatakka's short term performance. Not when he can get sent down without waivers and Hatakka has an injury history.

I agree that I'd rather see Hatakka more though.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Bahl with adds for a better LHD.
Ex. Hanifin resigned, Petersson from pitt
IMO (on top of the fact that we can't add expensive contracts) Bahl doesn't have that kind of value, IMO he's #7D in NHL, I don't really feel comfortable having him on the 3rd pair with everyone healthy.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Bahl during the Canes game looked great, It just seems like the majority of the time he forgets that he's 6'7 and can use his body. To me it just feels like he's so close to figuring it out that I'd be wary of trading him.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
IMO (on top of the fact that we can't add expensive contracts) Bahl doesn't have that kind of value, IMO he's #7D in NHL, I don't really feel comfortable having him on the 3rd pair with everyone healthy.
We have room
Agree on value why I said ADDS
Also why I want to move him

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I've only watched him closely for a couple of games. His first step is so bad. I wonder if it can be fixed? There could be a nice bottom pairing defenseman with bite there if it can.
When he plays physical his game gets a lot better .....Plays good but just not consistent enough Imo but he's young and so is our whole dcore and they have struggled....May have to do with Ruffs system which they have seemed to have tweaked the past two games....

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
When he plays physical his game gets a lot better .....Plays good but just not consistent enough Imo but he's young and so is our whole dcore and they have struggled....May have to do with Ruffs system which they have seemed to have tweaked the past two games....
When, thsts the problem. Had a good game tonight, but he'll disappear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad