Kevan Miller jumps Oliver Bjorkstrand after hit on Krug

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Tired of people making excuses for players who do dumb...crap. Krug turtled, Miller choose emotion of reason and Bjork would have lost even if he fought back and won. Becuase bruins would have kept running Bjork till they thought it was "paid back". Is what it is, but the only people who looks like corwards is Krug & Miller. Both players looked like people who cant control their emotions. Krug and fear, Miller and rage.

Should be rules for this kind of crap. If you are going to play it safe, that results in ANY penalty; then it should result in a game misconduct on the player who decides to protect themselves over playing the puck.

What utter nonsense. All of this.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Doesn't look like it should be a major. Krug turned, it was from the side. He didn't leave his feet until after the contact.
He literally launched into Krug, totally out to take advantage of a smaller defense man from behind. He got what he deserved, so proud of Miller, next time he will think twice. No matter what people think, he will have this in the back of his mind, throw a dirty hit expect to get feed. Teams will gladly kill off that penalty and the room will become tighter.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
he does when he's eating a whole lot more soup than normal.

And of all of the people who play the game of hockey, you know the ones who are universally loved ? The people who say " look at the scoreboard" and are willing to let liberties be taken against their teamates because it provides them with a competitivet advantage. People literally can't get enough of those guys. I've seen guys cheer at the prospect of getting a 4 minute pp as their teamate bled into a towel on the bench while visions of PP time danced in their heads.

The rules are simple. Don't be PERCEIVED as taking liberties, you have very little to fear. If you are perceived, you pretty much have to settle up.

why this is hard for the " you dont need to fight after a clean hit" zapruters is beyond me.
Could you point me to the rule book where it says that?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
He literally launched into Krug, totally out to take advantage of a smaller defense man from behind. He got what he deserved, so proud of Miller, next time he will think twice. No matter what people think, he will have this in the back of his mind, throw a dirty hit expect to get feed. Teams will gladly kill off that penalty and the room will become tighter.
And this is everything that's wrong with NHL "fans" and their attitudes, neanderthal thinking.

Reactions: Dumais

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
thank you.....Krug totally turned into him to set this up

maybe next game Miller wants to have a go with Anderson or Foligno, ****ing *****

You act like Miller is a spot picker. He'd gladly feed them their teeth as well.

And this is everything that's wrong with NHL "fans" and their attitudes, neanderthal thinking.

The pacifist mentality in hockey is a troubling direction to go.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
-Krug's dumbness, dislike of players deliberately putting themselves in bad spots to abuse the rules instead of either taking the hit or making a good play
Krug didn't make the smartest play possible, but to go as far as to say he deliberately put himself in that position to get hit like that to "abuse the rules" is pretty ridiculous.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Will the buildup be 'Prout-Lucic 2/3' levels?

Prout won the 1st 1 too.

Miller didn't even do a whole lot considering its Oliver Bjorkstrand he went after. Anderson landed the best punch on Chara too.

Anything else?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Krug didn't make the smartest play possible, but to go as far as to say he deliberately put himself in that position to get hit like that to "abuse the rules" is pretty ridiculous.
Sorry, should have clarified. Not abusing the rules as in "to get hit like that" and draw a penalty. Abusing the rules as in using a "vulnerable position" as a get out of jail free card to avoid taking a hit or having to make a skill play under pressure. It's been a growing and spreading habit for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: CamMac

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I guess it depends on your expectations. I would think Anderson could look at Bjork and know he was out of his weight class, just like he knew who it was when Chara asked him to go. I guess it depends on your perspective. I don't want an Anderson/Jenner/PLD sized guy fighting a little guy. It serves no purpose and wins no respect. Would you honestly want Chara to fight Paul Byron when they play the Habs if he didn't like a hit that most think is clean?

If you do, then the reverse is wide open for Bruins players.

Again, maybe I underestimate the kindness of Anderson, but I would think a player of that ilk would look at Bjork like a punk running around and respond the same way Miller did Bjorkstrand. Anderson has beaten the snot out of smaller players before. He fed 5'6 160lb Andy Miele his lunch in the American league. That is a true little guy. Bjorkstrand stands at 6'0 177. Kevan Miller isn't an imposing 6'2. Might be able to tell the weight difference off the ice, but fully geared? He grabbed and started throwing in a response to a hit that most on the ice thought was dirty (in real time). The referee standing right in front of the collision put his arm up right away and called a major penalty. Everyone on the ice converged as if something was going to erupt. Who cares if most people think it's clean after video review?

I think Chara probably knows who Paul Byron is. He also knows who Zach Rinaldo is. He's a foot taller and 100lbs heavier than both, but guarantee there are two different responses to the same hit. For an unknown player, I'm not sure. If Zach Rinaldo takes out Bergeron. Yes, I want Chara to respond immediately with fists to the face. Not to send an invitation in the mail for a fight with Matt Beleskey at a later date. Generally though Chara is pretty careful about who he picks a fight with. He's often been more inclined to pick up roughing minors than do what Miller did. He will sock you in the face gloves on or pin you into submission. Also appropriate.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Will the buildup be 'Prout-Lucic 2/3' levels?

Prout won the 1st 1 too.

Miller didn't even do a whole lot considering its Oliver Bjorkstrand he went after. Anderson landed the best punch on Chara too.

Anything else?

Uh yeah, one thing..... it's not healthy to sniff glue.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

It looked like superman running fast then leaping into the air and you are ok with kind of cowardly hit, well well well kettle meet pot. I would not want a friend that would say oh well they had it coming and hide behind a dumpster and text about it. The bond that goes on in the room, on the planes or on the bench just got better because of that. What if Krug was paralyzed, what say you then, probably as I have seen here its all his fault for retrieving a puck, what was he thinking lol. You have to have your partners back and sometimes you take matters into your hands. The way the game is going they sometimes let that go, seen it a lot this year. God forbid you cheat and inch on a face off or tap a stick that so easily falls and that's a penalty, lol. Running goalies and hits from behind are still fair game.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't really have a problem with anything that happened on the play. Can't really expect Bjorkstrand to let up when Krug puts himself in a bad spot at the last minute, and can't really expect Miller to be objective about a play when he sees his partner hit awkwardly into the boards.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Who cares if most people think it's clean after video review?
Mostly because it should exonerate Bjorkstrand as he clearly was surprised by Krug's play.

In real time it looks bad, and Miller is just in doing what he did. But this is very clearly not a dirty play by Bjorkstrand.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad