Proposal: Kessel PIT for Saad CHI and a draft pick or prospect

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
DeBrincat next 5 years >>>>> Kessel next 5 years why should chicago even pick up the phone? Kessel got half his points on the PP he doesnt do that on Chicago's power play. Expecting 92 points pretty much anywhere outside of Pit is far fetched. 5 on 5 scoring Kessel got 50 pts to DeBrincat's 40 while he playing 3rd line minutes. Considering Phil likely starts slowing down in 2 or 3 years I wouldnt do Cat for Kessel straight up let alone add lol. Long term it is just hilariously bad and lopsided factoring ages with there being a 10 year age gap. If Kessel was 25 it would be different but today hell no:laugh:

I wouldn't do it either, just stating Kessel doesn't come cheap

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Kessel get 6.8 mil for ppg+ production for 4 years.

That is a really sweet contract when 60 point wings expect 8 million.

Reactions: Freedom

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of either team and I have been accused of being a Kessel "hater" because I don't think he is the kind of player who can be the main go to guy on his team and have them be a contender.

Having said that, this deal is bad for Pittsburgh. Sure, maybe if Chicago gets the first overall pick it would work, but then they wouldn't trade that pick anyway. I really doubt that Pittsburgh would consider this right now.

MalkinsPierogi

Aug 15, 2016
Indiana, PA
PIT: KESSEL + 2ND
CHI: TOEWS, DEBRINCAT, KAHUN+ 1ST 2019

This is more fair. Seeing as though Kessel alone has produced somewhat evenly to those 3 players, and he's the best player in the deal.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I see Kessel as kind of a mercenary compared to Penguins-for-life like Malkin, Letang & Sid.

I don't think he'll be traded this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he's flipped while his value is still high for a younger asset or assets at some point, like maybe even in the summer.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
PIT: KESSEL + 2ND
CHI: TOEWS, DEBRINCAT, KAHUN+ 1ST 2019

This is more fair. Seeing as though Kessel alone has produced somewhat evenly to those 3 players, and he's the best player in the deal.

So your counter for a dumb offer is to make up an even dumber proposal than the OP who isnt even a Hawks fan? DeBrincat and a likely top 4-10 pick is a ******** overpay for a 32 yearold Kessel who wont even be elite in 3 years. Hilariously dumb asset management. DeBrincat's rookie season blows Kessel's first two years in the league out of the water. Pit adds to Kessel if DeBrincat is ever in discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryblot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad