Proposal: kessel, grabovski for johansen, 2013 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzz*

Why are the Leafs trading their 25 year old 30+ goal scorer for two unproven commodities again?
Top-2 draft pick is one of the most proven commodities in the history of the NHL. And that "25 year old 30+ goal scorer" has only 4 goals in 22 games.
To the OP. You won't get Johansen alone for those two.
The Jackets don't need Kessel who's UFA after next season. And they don't need overpaid and undersized 2nd line center. Grabo has no trade value at 5.5 mil a year, even though he is my countryman.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
Top-2 draft pick is one of the most proven commodities in the history of the NHL. And that "25 year old 30+ goal scorer" has only 4 goals in 22 games.
To the OP. You won't get Johansen alone for those two.
The Jackets don't need Kessel who's UFA after next season. And they don't need overpaid and undersized 2nd line center. Grabo has no trade value at 5.5 mil a year, even though he is my countryman.

:laugh:

Talk about overstatement. They can have Johansen for those 2. Why they'd gut a team in the playoff hunt is beyond me.

No way we trade our pick. LA or NY's? Different story.

bizzz*

:laugh:

Talk about overstatement. They can have Johansen for those 2. Why they'd gut a team in the playoff hunt is beyond me.

No way we trade our pick. LA or NY's? Different story.

Any arguments beside that goofy smile? Basically you wanna trade Joey for 1 year of Phil Kessel and overpaid... I forgot, I printed it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There is no need to even talk about value here. The Jackets are rebuilding so we aren't trading our picks and young players.

bizzz*

I really wanna see another Jackets fan who would have traded Joey for 1 year of Kessel and 5.5 mil Grabovsky.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Uh no. Not wasting a top 5 pick for a player who will leave next year.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah ... no deal. Remember, Brian Burke isn't our GM ... we aren't going to mortgage our future for a one-trick pony (Kessel) and an underachiever (Grabovski). There is absolutely nothing to like about that deal from a Blue Jackets standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad