Kerry Fraser: cancer announcement

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Damn. Hate hearing stuff like this. I met Kerry 5 years ago. He was a real gentlemen. Very very nice guy. Hope he lives a long life and gets to enjoy retirement. It is good news that it seems like it may be a manageable condition.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Once in a while Philly sports radio interviews him. What an interview he is.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't know much about this type of cancer but I pray it's a very slow moving cancer and that Kerry will have lots of time to spend with loved ones. I've never met him personally but he's from the same town I am and have only heard great things about him.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Sad news. I always respected him. Back during the 1 referee era(~pre 2001 i think?)he was head and shoulders above pretty much every referee in the league other than Bill Mcreary(I consider them equal). The two of them had an expert knack of keeping games under control while also allowing the players just enough space to vent their frustrations effectively. I read his book last year and it was very interesting and insightful, with plenty of hilarious and serious behind-the-scenes anecdotes to entertain anyone who was a fan back then and remembers the storylines he talks about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad