Confirmed with Link: Kerby Rychel signed to ELC

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good news. Even though it isn't a big deal, I like how we are getting our prospects signed so quickly.

Agreed, Im always a little fearful when it comes to unsigned picks after the whole Justin Schultz thing.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Agreed, Im always a little fearful when it comes to unsigned picks after the whole Justin Schultz thing.

That sort of thing is fairly rare ... especially with guys who actually turn into decent prospects/players. Usually, if there is any fear that a kid won't sign, the team will deal his rights (see Tim Erixon) rather than lose him for nothing.

For me, the important thing here is that, we are starting to see more of our draft picks getting signed. Which means that, in some realm of possibility, there's a chance that they will not only play pro hockey, but will play in the NHL. That's a sign of improved scouting and development.

Exciting stuff ... congrats to Kerby Rychel!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That sort of thing is fairly rare ... especially with guys who actually turn into decent prospects/players. Usually, if there is any fear that a kid won't sign, the team will deal his rights (see Tim Erixon) rather than lose him for nothing.

For me, the important thing here is that, we are starting to see more of our draft picks getting signed. Which means that, in some realm of possibility, there's a chance that they will not only play pro hockey, but will play in the NHL. That's a sign of improved scouting and development.

Exciting stuff ... congrats to Kerby Rychel!

I agree. Wanting to sign our draft picks means we are drafting good players who are developing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad