Injury Report: Kent Huskins (concussion) available Apr. 25; Bruno Gervais (abdominal tear) out

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
I wonder what Desjardins is doing nowadays. We should call him up, put him in a time machine to turn him 25 years old again, and have him play the next 10+ years on the blueline.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd place them near underwater shark dentists or live crash test dummies.

Flyers D men need to be nominated with the BLS....

Want to be sure you’re not in harms way at the office? Don’t plan on a career as a fisherman, logger or airplane pilot.

According to a September report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), those jobs were the three deadliest in the United States in 2011. The organization recently examined the occupations with the highest rate of work-related deaths and found that of all U.S. workers, fishermen are the most likely to die on the job.

Here is the full list of work-related deaths in 2011 (per 100,000 workers):

Fisherman (121.2)
Loggers (102.4)
Pilots (57.0)
Farmers and Ranchers (25.3)
Police Officers (18.6)
Construction Workers (15.7)
National Average (3.5)
Firefighters (2.5)
Cashiers (1.6)
Office Admin (0.6)
Business and Finance Staff (0.5)

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/the-10-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america/11396

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I wonder what Desjardins is doing nowadays. We should call him up, put him in a time machine to turn him 25 years old again, and have him play the next 10+ years on the blueline.

Rico was never the same after his son blew out his arm with a hard throw or something playing catch.....

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
Nobody suggested signing college defensemen to one-day contracts and dress them, even after the Flyers have done that in the past? I'm disappointed.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
The Bureau of Labor Statistics needs to amend any current listing of hazardous jobs. Flyers' defensemen fall somewhere between roofers and constructions workers.

I was in construction for 32 years and have seen and been in some bad accidents.So I know what you are talking about. Plus I have been a hockey fan since the 60's and I cannot remember one position on one team so devastated with injuries.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
At this point in the season, given the Flyers standings, this injury could be viewed in a positive light somewhat (obviously not for Huskins, hope he fully recovers) because it will allow the Flyers to maybe get a glimpse of some guys who wouldn't have normally been called up. Like to see Manning.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Rofl, even the replacements are injured... is this a record for the most injuries in a defense? Pronger, Meszaros, Coburn, Grossmann, Huskins, Gervais, Bourdon...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64095

APRIL 16

GERVAIS TO UNDERGO SURGERY
The Flyers defense unit took another hit on Tuesday.

According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, defenseman Bruno Gervais is the latest among that group.

“Bruno Gervais will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn stomach muscle. He will be out indefinitely,” said Holmgren.

Gervais has appeared in 37 of the Flyers' 42 games this season, posting a goal and five assists for six points and 10 penalty minutes. During that time he has averaged 17:07 of ice time on the blueline.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad