Signing(s): Kenny Golladay signs with the Giants (4 years, $72 million)

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
This Ravens free agency feeling more and more like the one for my nucks heh. All big name WRS off the board

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Golladay got his payday, good for him. Giants really had to do this given it is make-or-break time for Jones.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Golladay was going to the highest bidden and I'm not mad at that.

I'm just glad it wasn't the Lions.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Golladay was going to the highest bidden and I'm not mad at that.

I'm just glad it wasn't the Lions.
The Lions might not need an $ 18m/y WR right now, but I would have preferred that they tagged Golladay as a potential trade chip. Golladay has been productive even with Chase Daniel as QB, so there is indeed no excuse for Jones.

Gruß,
BSHH

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Lions might not need an $ 18m/y WR right now, but I would have preferred that they tagged Golladay as a potential trade chip. Golladay has been productive even with Chase Daniel as QB, so there is indeed no excuse for Jones.

Gruß,
BSHH
Did the Lions sign anyone close to that AAV to offset the compensatory pick that would be a 3rd round pick in 2022 for Galladay?

It's really a 2 year deal for Galladay based on the guaranteed money. Years 3 and 4 are ultimately team options with a penalty in year 3 for any un-allocated signing bonus.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Giants are my second team I cheer for, they have been the model of ineptitude for years. With Gettlemen ‘retiring’ they can now refocus on building a new culture.

But that needs to start when they axe Joe Judge.
Would expect a GM to want their own guy. Think by not terminating Judge now the Maras get to say we left the decision in the hands of the new GM.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not axing him is the Mara's telling the new GM they got to keep him
Could go either way. But they blew through both Shermur and McAdoo in only 2 years each. Probably don’t want to be seen as axing a third straight like that. But if you can say it’s the GMs call it hides it better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad