Kenney Morrison - what does his future look like?

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I'm still a fan. Liked what I saw more than guys like Culkin, Sieloff and Wotherspoon.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Had a grim season. Could still be an NHL'er but unless he has a strong 2016-2017 campaign, it likely won't be with the Flames. Too much competition already to justify the contract spot at that point.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He's not terrible, but the AHL was definitely a huge jump for him. I'd reserve judgement until next season.

I don't like him as much as Culkin or Sieloff though.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
No harm in keeping him around for a bit longer. I'd imagine Sieloff/Wotherspoon/Kulak are all ahead of him though.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
He's not terrible, but the AHL was definitely a huge jump for him. I'd reserve judgement until next season.

I don't like him as much as Culkin or Sieloff though.

Probably the best way to look at it.

I think a wait and see for next season would be best. Has a lot of nice tools. Good skating, hell of a shot. Just needs to get more positionally aware and better at reading the game at this speed.

Not the best rookie season, but there may still be something to him if he can put a few pieces together in the next year or so.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What are everyone's thoughts about Kenney Morrison's future? Will he make the NHL? Seems like he has a great shot but has struggled in the AHL, especially defensively. He's 24 so he is supposed to be entering his prime soon. Thoughts?

giphy.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Probably the best way to look at it.

I think a wait and see for next season would be best. Has a lot of nice tools. Good skating, hell of a shot. Just needs to get more positionally aware and better at reading the game at this speed.

Not the best rookie season, but there may still be something to him if he can put a few pieces together in the next year or so.
The guy is a complete train wreck defensively, he might be one of the worst defensive players I have ever seen at the professional level. He's a good skater, with size and a bomb, but he's just so terrible defensively. I would not be shocked to see him in the ECHL next year.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I don't remember the last time we had a prospect with so many tools and such a lack of a toolbox. Last number of GMs really stressed Hockey IQ.

I still like him as a prospect but probably need to get him paired with a better coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad