Celebrity Death: Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell), 76

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just saw this. When I was in LA many years ago I see him walking down the street in his police uniform. I asked the person I was with if they were shooting something around us and he said "Nope. That is his day job now"

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
One of the great tv characters of the late 50's early 60's.

Leave it to Beaver, one of my all time favorites.

Sorry to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babe Ruth

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Eddie Haskell was a great character. During a time in which bad boys like him were usually portrayed as unkempt and disrespectful, Eddie was always well groomed and respectful. He would enter the Cleaver house looking like he was going someplace formal, compliment Mr. and Mrs. (especially Mrs.) Cleaver and then go off and get into trouble with Wally. I could never decide whether he was essentially a "good" or "bad" kid. I suppose that that's the genius of the character and how well Osmond portrayed him. For anyone who hasn't bothered to read the linked article, it was mentioned that Eddie was supposed to be just a guest role, but Ken "knocked it outta the park" and was turned into a series regular.

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Eddie Haskell was a great character. During a time in which bad boys like him were usually portrayed as unkempt and disrespectful, Eddie was always well groomed and respectful. He would enter the Cleaver house looking like he was going someplace former, compliment Mr. and Mrs. (especially Mrs.) Cleaver and then go off and get into trouble with Wally. I could never decide whether he was "good" or "bad." I suppose that that's the genius of the character and with how well Osmond portrayed him. For anyone who hasn't bothered to read the linked article, it was mentioned that Eddie was supposed to be just a guest part, but Ken "knocked it outta the park" and was turned into a series regular.
That was one of my favourite shows when I was a kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad