Ken Kal interviews Yzerman

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Nothing too flashy here, but a neat little interview though.

some key things I took away:
-Starting with Tampa was different because they had Hedman and Stamkos as well as some other established stars. That’s not the case here so it might be different.
-very possible to see Seider, Veleno, Lidstrom up for a few games as the season winds down
-emphasis on acquiring draft picks. Can’t say one way or another what that looks like. Won’t be passive at the TDL, but can’t promise any moves
-wants to focus on young core, but also hold the vets accountable

Basically more of the same, but hey

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
That last question about attendance seems so forced.

Makes you wonder why they keep shilling game packages at the games.

Fishy fishy fishy.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Might be reading into this too much but right at 7:37 when Yzerman talks about figuring out how guys fit in long-term, they show footage of AA’s face. All of the video coordinates with what they’re talking about in the interview so take from that what you will.

:laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah I dont think Lindstrom is gonna get called up

Wings brass likes him a lot. Every single one of them talks about him positively. I understand that he isn't super popular on this board or with portions of our fanbase. However, just like when everyone in the organization kept talking about Givani Smith last year and the board was in mutiny that he would never get near the NHL, the decision makers matter more than public opinion. Horcoff, Draper, Yzerman have all been on record that they like Lindstrom.

We will see, his contract doesn't matter in terms of just the 9 games, so I could see him scooping up the games if they can deal Green and Daley for low picks, he would go down for the 9 games Seider plays. I would like to see him at some point. He is a real option for our third pairing right side.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Might be reading into this too much but right at 7:37 when Yzerman talks about figuring out how guys fit in long-term, they show footage of AA’s face. All of the video coordinates with what they’re talking about in the interview so take from that what you will.

:laugh:

But he mentions the other four guys (Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi and Hronek) and the graphic in that segment leaves AA out...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It’s too bad this didn’t include the comments on Blashill. I’d love to see the meltdown

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Wings brass likes him a lot. Every single one of them talks about him positively. I understand that he isn't super popular on this board or with portions of our fanbase. However, just like when everyone in the organization kept talking about Givani Smith last year and the board was in mutiny that he would never get near the NHL, the decision makers matter more than public opinion. Horcoff, Draper, Yzerman have all been on record that they like Lindstrom.

We will see, his contract doesn't matter in terms of just the 9 games, so I could see him scooping up the games if they can deal Green and Daley for low picks, he would go down for the 9 games Seider plays. I would like to see him at some point. He is a real option for our third pairing right side.
Yeah not every prospect is going to be a top 6F/4D. You need to develop players for all parts of your organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad