Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
lol how do you look at what he has done in Edmonton and want to hire him
He has done some nice things

1. Hyman deal
2. RNH deal
3. Kane trade + deal
4. Bouchard bridge
5. Ekholm deal + extension (think that they extended him)

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse
3. Not getting value for Yamamoto
4. Drafting + Development of Holloway, Borberg, Lavoie, Bourgueult etc

Not as bad as ppl pretend he is, but at his age he should just retire. f*** working

Bond

May 10, 2012

1. Hyman deal
2. RNH deal
3. Kane trade + deal
4. Bouchard bridge

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse

Not as bad as ppl pretend he is, but at his age he should just retire. f*** working
He still hasn't fixed the issues that plague Edmonton though. Stop gap goalies and committing to offense over defense. He could have gotten Markstrom and Tanev but didn't push all in. He wasted bunch more of the cheap McDrai years

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

1. Hyman deal
2. RNH deal
3. Kane trade + deal
4. Bouchard bridge

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse

Didn't extend Ekholm, his contract just had term left on it.

He's had plenty more misses than that, as well. Duncan Keith with no retention, for example. Also basically wasted every trade deadline (except for the Ekholm year).

Drafting definitely the biggest issue though. The last impact forward the Oilers drafted was... Connor McDavid.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He still hasn't fixed the issues that plague Edmonton though. Stop gap goalies and committing to offense over defense. He could have gotten Markstrom and Tanev but didn't push all in. He wasted bunch more of the cheap McDrai years
I don't necessarily blame him for not getting Markstrom or Tanev. Flames were under orders to not trade with Edmonton anyways. But yes he should have fixed the team's 2nd pairing and goaltending by now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At his age he should look for a job that has less day to day work.

I get not wanting to just out right retire as the guy knows nothing else than hockey, but taking something with less stress.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I don't necessarily blame him for not getting Markstrom or Tanev. Flames were under orders to not trade with Edmonton anyways. But yes he should have fixed the team's 2nd pairing and goaltending by now.
I am talking back to when they were UFAs

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If this happens and he gives Tyler Wright even more work in this league I will laugh so hard

edit: omg I didn’t realize they parted ways with Wright last August. Shit they’ll probably end up drafting worthwhile players now. The rich get richer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I am talking back to when they were UFAs
They were definitely in on Markstrom but he chose Calgary. If memory serves they were also hamstrung by Chiarelli's parting gift (Koskinen's 4x4 contract) so they were limited in how much they could afford to offer.

Bond

May 10, 2012
They were definitely in on Markstrom but he chose Calgary. If memory serves they were also hamstrung by Chiarelli's parting gift (Koskinen's 4x4 contract) so they were limited in how much they could afford to offer.
Flames were 6x6 and Edmonton was 5x7. I am not sure how tight the Oilers were to the cap but I think Holland could have made it work if he really went for it. Anyways the defense could have been fixed multiple times lol.
Holland living off his Red Wing days.

Reactions: Macheteops

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
You have to admit that Ken Holland's "Connor McDavids Drafted / Decade" is higher than everyone else's.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

1. Hyman deal
2. RNH deal
3. Kane trade + deal
4. Bouchard bridge

Bad

1. Campbell
2. Nurse

Bouchard bridge looks like a huge mistake, man. He's going to get 9.5+ at very least on his new deal. Could have had him for 4-5 years at 4-5 million if we'd gone longer term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad