Ken Daniels

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't mean to undermine the mods, because I know the other thread was closed, but I'm not here to say Ken Daniels' eyebrows are freaking me out.... I'm genuinely curious if he's going through any health issues, anyone know?

He definitely looks different this season.... overall, he looks like he's aged more since last season than he did in the previous 10. His eyebrows do look different, his face looks weathered, he seems more pale, and his hair looks like it's falling out, or is at least receding in rapid fashion.

Maybe it's nothing and I'm misinterpreting things, but his appearance has definitely jumped out at me. I hope he's ok.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This seems like a lot of speculation. I too hope he is okay, but be careful where we take this thread. People do age differently and the Wings have shared this kind of information front and center over the years with Mickey or even former player updates.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I don't mean to undermine the mods, because I know the other thread was closed, but I'm not here to say Ken Daniels' eyebrows are freaking me out.... I'm genuinely curious if he's going through any health issues, anyone know?

He definitely looks different this season.... overall, he looks like he's aged more since last season than he did in the previous 10. His eyebrows do look different, his face looks weathered, he seems more pale, and his hair looks like it's falling out, or is at least receding in rapid fashion.

Maybe it's nothing and I'm misinterpreting things, but his appearance has definitely jumped out at me. I hope he's ok.

Seems like a lot of assumption to me. So you think they are fake?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Sure, maybe they look a little weird. I don't know. I don't spend a lot of time looking at other dude's eyebrows to see if they're weird or not.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I will add that when he took the air solo last week to announce the death of Osgood's stepfather, I definitely thought he looked different as well. Still doing a great job calling the games though; no difference there.

deltawing

Feb 22, 2009
MI
Qsu66XV.jpg

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
To be clear, I'm not making any assumptions. He may be perfectly fine, and, as TZE suggested, he may just be aging quickly. It was just something that I took notice of this season, just kinda jumped out at me.

He did seem to look better tonight, compared with I think the last game (or maybe the game before that).

If no one has heard anything, then the thread can just die. No need for it to be only speculation.

Brandel*

wow this is weird, looks like you took the photo like 3 frames off mine or something..? i just stopped randomly on the timeline.

edit: actually i think he just made the identical facial expression twice we took pics at the exact same moment in the expression

Last edited by a moderator:

deltawing

Feb 22, 2009
MI
wow this is weird, looks like you took the photo like 3 frames off mine or something..? i just stopped clicked randomly on the timeline.

I did the same thing! Wish I had my timestamp handy but I cropped it out of the picture :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I think you guys are crazy. I don't see anything wrong with Ken.
The dude travels non-stop, he's bound to look rough on occasion.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
It could be poor makeup. It almost looks like he is using some eyebrow filler, and it might be too dark for him.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Honestly, the first thought that occurred to me was that he's had some work done and maybe some badly applied makeup. He doesn't look unhealthy or sickly or anything. Just maybe some botox or something.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
He looks like the same cyclops to me. Really now, how does a person have eyes that close together and not be cross-eyed. LOL!

I assume he is fine. Why? He isn't missing any work.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Only thing I've noticed about Kenny is when the camera is at a certain angle he looks like he's getting pretty thin up top. As an older fellow myself, I think this is a badge of honor. They say grass doesn't grow on a busy street. Mick still has a pretty good head of hair, maybe ginger ale is a fertilizer?

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
I don't see any problems with Ken Daniels.

I was watching the pregame show a couple games ago and the guy who does the interviews from the bench.... His brows had something funny going on though. I know it wasn't just me either because a buddy of mine called it out too.

Since this thread has very little meaning, I would also like to add that I still miss Larry Murphy and his glassy eyes. Dude was a boss.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
When I first saw him ok tv last weekends I said the same exact thing. My family all noticed it as well. His eyebrows looked like they got jacked up and were at a weird angle. Who knows why, but it did look strange.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
What a weird topic. :laugh: He could have just had them done, and the result came out odd. There's honestly a myriad of reasons for why they look different, OR, we could just be noticing things that aren't there.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I don't see any problems with Ken Daniels.

I was watching the pregame show a couple games ago and the guy who does the interviews from the bench.... His brows had something funny going on though. I know it wasn't just me either because a buddy of mine called it out too.

Since this thread has very little meaning, I would also like to add that I still miss Larry Murphy and his glassy eyes. Dude was a boss.

Murph was pretty bad on television but Osgood takes it to a whole new level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad