Rumor: Kempny to Ottawa?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First, why now post a rumor from two days ago?

Second, Jaeckel, really? He's a hack. Most of the (few) times he's been right about anything have been either due to luck or to common sense.

Reactions: DPHawk

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Q is an idiot, the team has looked so much better whenever he is in the line up, not saying its only him but the overall speed of the team is enhanced and that translates to other players. Losing him would be dumb, he should be playing over both Franson and Ostrelle on any given night, he is part of the top 6 easily and the team should hold on to him for a few years, I doubt there is truth to this but if there was it would be sad.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
First, why now post a rumor from two days ago?

Second, Jaeckel, really? He's a hack. Most of the (few) times he's been right about anything have been either due to luck or to common sense.
Discussion point, more than anything. Shockingly, I agree with Blackhawks’ take above.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Losing Kempny would suck. I was surprised he re-signed with us after last year.
I understand that MK plays a gambling style of defense but considering the options Q has had on the blue line, it is a mystery as to why he won't give Kempny some slack. It appears just another example of the head coach making a quick decision on a player's value ...... and never turning back. And isn't it ironic that MK has as many goals in 14 games as Seabs and Keith combined in 64 games this season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Q is an idiot, the team has looked so much better whenever he is in the line up, not saying its only him but the overall speed of the team is enhanced and that translates to other players. Losing him would be dumb, he should be playing over both Franson and Ostrelle on any given night, he is part of the top 6 easily and the team should hold on to him for a few years, I doubt there is truth to this but if there was it would be sad.
i am with you, the hawks are finally doing this good when Q is actually and finally piecing the lineup that many fans been ranting about.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
while i am like most who has doubt based on the author to the tweet.

for that discussion, the player in Rfd i can see Jurco as a player being looked at.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So, a rumormonger posts a rumor that he probably made up, and that's grounds to complain about Q?

Okay.

Watching more than 5 games this season, is grounds to complain about Q. This team would be in a much better position if he had just used LOGIC to fill out the lineup card from the start...

Reactions: Ted Lasso

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Yes- it is baffling... MK- might be fastest skating D man, with booming shot... did you see him skate six strides backwards and actually fire shot thru D and on net (versus DK- getting 9 out of 10 shots blocked)... easily skates backwards faster than Seabs skates forwards... yet- this guy is in Q/doghouse...

Read- it all goes back to MK leaving ice (for line change- at exactly the wrong time... hung Seabs out to dry... and a 2 on 0 for the other team... to save the +/-)... that was the last game MK started.

2 things gonna happen-
MK- gets some continued ice time... and continues to "Shine"... and plays/learns to Q's likes...

or

doesn't- goes back to Scratch mode- in this case NEEDS to be traded... cuz- he has tons/Value as top 4 -imo

either way-- has MK soured on Q/Hawks??? Will he even Re-sign??? SB- better get with agent and secure... or my fear his MK
will move on from Q/Hawks "brand"

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yes- it is baffling... MK- might be fastest skating D man, with booming shot... did you see him skate six strides backwards and actually fire shot thru D and on net (versus DK- getting 9 out of 10 shots blocked)... easily skates backwards faster than Seabs skates forwards... yet- this guy is in Q/doghouse...

Read- it all goes back to MK leaving ice (for line change- at exactly the wrong time... hung Seabs out to dry... and a 2 on 0 for the other team... to save the +/-)... that was the last game MK started.

2 things gonna happen-
MK- gets some continued ice time... and continues to "Shine"... and plays/learns to Q's likes...

or

doesn't- goes back to Scratch mode- in this case NEEDS to be traded... cuz- he has tons/Value as top 4 -imo

either way-- has MK soured on Q/Hawks??? Will he even Re-sign??? SB- better get with agent and secure... or my fear his MK

What an egregious error by MK.

Q is a stubborn idiot.

Reactions: BK

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It is all on Q making his typical snap judgement on a player and not changing. Kempny has shown time and time again how good he can be but Q just ignores it thinking that his "style" of D is better, which is wrong because the game has evolved quickly.

Kemeny has the potential to be a good #4 but Q is just too stubborn to change.

Thinking of the potential that our D core could be and what Q keeps putting out there is incredible aggravating. Part of it is that Seabrook is still on the team with that shit deal (this is Stan's fault obviously".

D Core's ceiling (just my opinion):
Forsling - Top 2
DK is a top 2 D and his ceiling is in the past.
Murphy: Solid #3
Kemeny: Okay-to-Solid #4 (#5-6 at worst)
Rutta: Solid #4-5 (#5-6 at worst; note I am not as high on Rutta as others but I like his game)
Osterle: Bottom pairing D (#7 at worst)

Reactions: Ted Lasso

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Kempny is Ufa this summer ...no way he comes back jere to sit on Q's bench..he will get more pay and playing time elsewhere. ..this is reality ...better to test market now in trade and secure trade assets back for the future than lose him for nothing this summer. This could be more Stan's decision than a Q decision...

However ...Ottawa has no 2nd rounder for 2018 (to Avs for Duchene)...and we are not getting their 2018 1st (protected if they finish in bottom 10) which would go to Avs if Ottawa finishes higher than 10th ...And their 2019 1st goes to the Avs instead of the 2018 1st if the protection option is utilized at the 2018 draft ..

I would trade Kempny for either a 2019 2nd and a 2020 4th ,OR for a current Sens draftee prospect...make it Drake Batherson and we have a deal! IF alk theyxarecofferi g is merely a future 4th or 5th for Kempny...forget it. .Sure he may not be playing when the injured come back, but this is not the usual case for a riding the pines guy..On a lot of teans Kempny would be a regular probably a #4 D ...so there should be a goid price back.Otherwise you do not trade insurance for this season for a pittance just to get something back..no there shoukd be a goid value back and ignore the fact Q doesn't want to play him if thebu jure were back in..

Last edited:

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Kempny needs to stay, he has shown that he deserves more ice time.

ice time is the problem, he is still "new" to the NHL but can't improve via sitting in the pressbox.Well, he's UFA next off season so I dont think he's going to stay in Chicago under Q, he already wasted two years of his prime as healthy scratch and lost any chance to get potential good contract.If Q doesnt need him this season, then SB should trade him to get at least st. in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortyfives and LDF

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Kempny needs to stay, he has shown that he deserves more ice time.

No doubt about it. Sadly, he's gone. Either via trade or at the end of this season. Why would he re-sign with the Hawks (assuming Q is still here)? Zero chance. Bowman, contrary to some folks' opinions, is not an idiot, so I expect he'll trade Kempny.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
No doubt about it. Sadly, he's gone. Either via trade or at the end of this season. Why would he re-sign with the Hawks (assuming Q is still here)? Zero chance. Bowman, contrary to some folks' opinions, is not an idiot, so I expect he'll trade Kempny.

Depends how this season goes, I think... I do believe Q is gone if the Hawks are out in the 1st round again. If Q is gone, Kempny may be very open to coming back. Because he does have chemistry with this team, when he's actually in the lineup.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

2 things gonna happen-

or

Seabrook does quite well leaving himself out to dry.

Why would Kempny want to ever come back to Q? He should be traded before we lose him for nothing. Q will sit him again when he gets the chance.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I don't know if Q finally sees what everyone else sees in Kempny or if Stan is requesting that Q plays Kempny to showcase him for a trade. Unfortunately I think it's the latter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad