Confirmed with Link: Kempny Signing (1yr/1way $750K AAV)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Like it. Our team is looking more and more like an NHL team from a roster perspective. The D has no real game changers but hopefully with Dunn, Soucy and Schultz we have puck movers on every pairing.

I sincerely hope Hakstol spent the off-season working on defensive structure for the team. With all the moves Francis has made this off-season, Hakstol has to show that he can ice a better team with the roster improvements. If not, it is going to be his job on the line.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Like it. Our team is looking more and more like an NHL team from a roster perspective. The D has no real game changers but hopefully with Dunn, Soucy and Schultz we have puck movers on every pairing.

I sincerely hope Hakstol spent the off-season working on defensive structure for the team. With all the moves Francis has made this off-season, Hakstol has to show that he can ice a better team with the roster improvements. If not, it is going to be his job on the line.

I can’t imagine that Francis puts up with anything resembling a decline in success. Even then, I’d imagine he expects the team to be at least 25% better or Hak is gone. This is a much better team than the one they iced on Oct 12, 2021, despite a slight reduction in defense.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I can’t imagine that Francis puts up with anything resembling a decline in success. Even then, I’d imagine he expects the team to be at least 25% better or Hak is gone. This is a much better team than the one they iced on Oct 12, 2021, despite a slight reduction in defense.

we should be higher in the standings in the up coming season with the top 6 we have now including a full season of wright.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Like I've said, we probably have to sign another defenseman.

Should be a solid 3rd pairing guy for us.
I'm guessing nobody here watched him at all last season.

He didn't make the roster to start the season because he looked like absolute crap in preseason, cleared waivers and got sent down to Hershey. Played 24 regular season games because the Caps were desperate for warm bodies on defense, remember they picked up ChoLOL on waivers.

He looked good as Carlson's stay at home partner for a couple of seasons, but he's had 3 leg injuries since then:
- Torn Hamstring
- Torn Achille's
- Sprained MCL

He's a suitable 7th D because he has NHL experience, but should not be a regular player.

So now the Kraken picked up 2 defensemen that the Caps kicked to the curb, and 4 exCaps total (Bura and Gruby).

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I'm guessing nobody here watched him at all last season.

He didn't make the roster to start the season because he looked like absolute crap in preseason, cleared waivers and got sent down to Hershey. Played 24 regular season games because the Caps were desperate for warm bodies on defense, remember they picked up ChoLOL on waivers.

He looked good as Carlson's stay at home partner for a couple of seasons, but he's had 3 leg injuries since then:
- Torn Hamstring
- Torn Achille's
- Sprained MCL

He's a suitable 7th D because he has NHL experience, but should not be a regular player.

So now the Kraken picked up 2 defensemen that the Caps kicked to the curb, and 4 exCaps total (Bura and Gruby).

That's fine too at $750K given that you can burry the fulll cap hit in the minors.

Right now, unless there's a trade for another RHD, I think Borgen's playing on the 3rd pairing(with Soucy) and Kempny might be the 7th guy, if it's not Fleury or Evans.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's fine too at $750K given that you can burry the fulll cap hit in the minors.

Right now, unless there's a trade for another RHD, I think Borgen's playing on the 3rd pairing(with Soucy) and Kempny might be the 7th guy, if it's not Fleury or Evans.
Yeah, it's depth, but not a legit 3rd pair D. He'll clear waivers.

Schultz is a third pair D. He needs to be sheltered from top lines.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Just stopped by to say I told you so, because I'm a dick, lol.

I have to say he's got some class though. Asked for contract termination so he can play in Europe instead of milking the $750k in the AHL.

I wish him the best of luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad