Kelowna Rockets on fire

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
http://whl.ca/standings/show/ls_season/242/subtype/1

they were 10 pts behind Kamloops in November,and are now 1 of the hottest teams in the WHL.

They've also got a 15 home game winning streak going.........they are going to be tough in the playoffs.
applaud.gif

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
http://whl.ca/standings/show/ls_season/242/subtype/1

they were 10 pts behind Kamloops in November,and are now 1 of the hottest teams in the WHL.

They've also got a 15 home game winning streak going.........they are going to be tough in the playoffs.
applaud.gif

Great team, a young team but plenty of firepower. They could add a couple of pieces but they look really good coming into the playoffs, a possible contender if they can keep it up.

Oct 15, 2008
Kelowna is the second best team in the WC imo.

They could go all the way.

I still think it will be Portland though.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
As much as I hyped McColgan over the past 2 years, it was rumored he was a problem and I see now it was likely true. For a small skilled forward to take as many silly penalties as he does and a supposed bad attitude to the coaching staff it turn out one of the best trades Hamilton has made. Also, Myles Bell, for whatever his personal problems and rumoured DUI stuff has been a great addition. As a season ticket holder from the first year they have been here this is far from the most skilled teams, but it is one of the most cohesive teams.

I dont think they will go far in the playoffs, but they are very fun to watch.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Was hoping to see a Giants game vs. the Rockets, but my work schedule has had other ideas throughout the season and tomorrow will be no different. Oh well. Given how they've played as of late, they'll definitely be a threat in the playoffs.

Portland/Kelowna conference final.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Kelowna is so fun to watch right now. Hamilton told the coach he wanted to play entertaining hockey and would supply the pieces, and has delivered. Since they have been here this is the funnest team to watch. No real stars just fire-wagon hockey, allowing the the D to rush and the forwards to be creative. Again, not sure how far that can carry them in the playoffs but it is sure enjoyable.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Kelowna is so fun to watch right now. Hamilton told the coach he wanted to play entertaining hockey and would supply the pieces, and has delivered. Since they have been here this is the funnest team to watch. No real stars just fire-wagon hockey, allowing the the D to rush and the forwards to be creative. Again, not sure how far that can carry them in the playoffs but it is sure enjoyable.

Giants beat the Rockets! way to go Vancouver

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
^^ Were down 2-0 after two minutes and then 3-2 to win in OT. Great game and once again I couldn't be there. :(

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Hello all. Just stopping by to ask about Severson, since you guys have watched him play. How's he looking? His stats show he's been good and consistent, but how has he looked?
Thanks!

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Should be fun this weekend, back to back home games with Portland. Once again, the team is so fun to watch. No real stars (maybe Bell who had some personal problems and gets little respect and Sissions).

As far as Severson, I really like his game and expect him to be one more in the list of Rockets D-men who make an impact in the NHL.

I am also starting to think (contrary to what I thought before) that this team could go far.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I always love watching this team. Looks like Severson has gone beast mode since December. Loved him in the game against Lethbridge on sportsnet.

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
Wow Portland showed why they're the #1 ranked team in Canada.................they owned the Rockets,this weekend,just ugly games by the Rockets,no passion. :(

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
There is a large gap between Portland and Kelowna. After watching those 2 games over the weekend Portland is far and away the better team. The deserve their #1 ranking and while I am a Rockets fan/ticket holder, I cant see anyone beating the Hawks. One of the better teams I have seen in a long time.

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Kamloops Blazers 2-1

Saturday night at Prospera Place in Kelowna to clinch the Western Hockey League's BC Division title.

Tyrell Goulbourne scored the game winning goal late in the second period and Jordon Cooke turned aside 31 shots in an entertaining and intense battle between the two BC Division rivals.

Colton Sissons opened the scoring for Kelowna, which improved to 49-16-3-1 on the season and won both games over the Blazers this weekend, after a 3-2 win Friday night in Kamloops.

Brendan Ranford was the only Blazer to beat Cooke, who faced 12 shots in the third period, in front of a sellout crowd of 6,023 fans in Kelowna.

The Rockets still have three games remaining in the season and will host Prince George on Thursday in a game where kids tickets are 50 per cent off.

Kelowna closes out the season with a home and home next weekend with the Giants, playing in Vancouver next Friday and in Kelowna on Saturday.

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
Rockets got their record breaking 52nd win last night against the Giants and start the playoffs on Friday against Seattle.

Going to be a tough series,but with home ice advantage,hopefully it helps. :)

ZZZZZZZ

Jan 25, 2007
Paradise!
Well the Rockets are trying to make a comeback...........down 3-2 now after last night's win.

Hope there is a game 7 here. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad