Celebrity Death: Kelly Preston, 57

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I read your post about a 1/2 an hour ago, and decided now that I'm not content without posting a response. I think it's quite disrespectful to insinuate that because he's possibly gay that he won't be very affected by the death of his wife of 29 years and the mother of his children, and that after having his eldest son die just over a decade ago. I'm no big fan of Travolta nor of Kelly, and probably our posts here won't be seen by more than a few people who frequent this board, but still...

I never insinuated that he wouldn't be affected by her death...

I merely pointed out that their marriage may not have been based on love

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I never insinuated that he wouldn't be affected by her death...

I merely pointed out that their marriage may not have been based on love

I think that if you felt the need to make your post about Travolta possibly being gay that you could've done it without quoting my post which, by doing so, as I said, 'insinuates' that he might not be very emotionally affected by his wife's death. What does it matter here, at this time, what their marriage may have been "based on"; if you have a close relationship and children with someone over a period of almost 30 years then you're likely to be emotionally hurt by their death. But anyway, enough about this, you made your point and I made mine.

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
She was so hot. I’ve been a fan since I was like 8 when I saw her in Twins. This one was a gut punch.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To be honest, I don’t think it’s appropriate to be talking about Travolta’s sexuality in this thread anyway. It’s not about that. Even if he is gay, this is about Kelly Preston dying. I suppose it’s inevitable this kind of thing would come up, but I would have been happy if it didn’t.

In a thread about her death, I think the mention of her marriage is completely fair game. In fact, it's a little baffling that you think it wouldn't be...

We're reflecting on her life and career... that's what these threads are for

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
In a thread about her death, I think the mention of her marriage is completely fair game. In fact, it's a little baffling that you think it wouldn't be...

We're reflecting on her life and career... that's what these threads are for

it’s not discussing her marriage that’s the problem really, it’s insinuating her husband of almost 30 years is gay, which is rumour and not fact, and has nothing to do with her death.

Maybe you’re right though, perhaps it’s not fair of me to say what can and cannot be discussed in this thread. After all, people will inevitably have questions about her life.

All good. Let’s carry on.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad