Signing(s): Kelly Olynyk to Miami (4 years/50 M+)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oh boy. This came out of nowhere. I said the other day that I like him but I wouldn't go too crazy with the offer. Well, the Heat went a little crazy with the $12.5M/yr for Whiteside's back-up. It is nice to have a Canadian on the team though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The best part of this signing might be that it means Josh McRoberts is gone. Looks like they should now have enough space to fit James Johnson in as well.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

The best part of this signing might be that it means Josh McRoberts is gone. Looks like they should now have enough space to fit James Johnson in as well.

They might go twin-towers and try Olnyk at PF.

Besides, he;s good to have whenever your facing the Cavs and K-Love is in the post :sarcasm:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
With what cap space? They couldn't match this deal let along top it unless they made a number of moves.
Toronto isn't a small market team and make a lot of money. They could afford to go over the cap and pay some luxury tax. They would have too if they were realistically trying to win anyway. They are not going to beat the Cavs with skill so they might as well take it to their chests.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Toronto isn't a small market team and make a lot of money. They could afford to go over the cap and pay some luxury tax. They would have too if they were realistically trying to win anyway. They are not going to beat the Cavs with skill so they might as well take it to their chests.

They already are well over the cap after re-signing Lowry and Ibaka.

If you are over the cap, you can't add a 12-13 M salary like this in free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad