Injury Report: Keller out 4-6 Months with Leg Fracture

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
maybe I don't know the rules, but do they even need to put him on LTIR?
I'm a CBA noob so feel free to throw up the mouser signal, but my understanding is that LTIR isn't actually different from regular IR in terms of the "list". LTIR is a specific clause you can invoke to get cap relief (if needed) on a player on regular IR who meets certain additional requirements (days and GP injured)

We would simply not invoke that clause.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
maybe I don't know the rules, but do they even need to put him on LTIR?

They can if they want, they don't have to. Basically if you put someone on LTIR the main thing it means they are not allowed to play for a certain amount of time (around a month), and you can use that cap space to trade for / sign someone else, but there's no reason for us to do that now (we're a bad team) and also the trade deadline's passed anyway. There might be more to it but that's the basic high level that I understand. Either way most important thing is his recovery for next year's training camp / season opener

Reactions: RABBIT

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Just googled the splint. It would not have worked. I had to have my leg up and bent slightly or it was unbearable even with the fentanyl. The break was way up high, inside my hip. They couldn’t straighten it until after they knocked me out with ketamine.

I still say the worst part of the entire process was the hallucinations I had from the ketamine. The $6500 it set me back hurt too. And then the part where I was stuck in isolation on the COVID floor because I also had COVID (for the 2nd time, despite being vaccinated) - lol.
Geez, WOW!! Yeah, the need to have it bent canceled the split. Glad you're recovering, remember slow but sure always wins the race.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Damn was really excited counting down to 30 goals, only 2 away. Coyotes fans can't have nice things again.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Keller is ready.

Apparently not. Yes...I bumped the scary Keller thread.:sueme: If they kept him out last night as a precaution, will he REALLY be ready to go 5 days from now? I say keep him out until he's 100%. Not like we're looking to make a playoff run.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Apparently not. Yes...I bumped the scary Keller thread.:sueme: If they kept him out last night as a precaution, will he REALLY be ready to go 5 days from now? I say keep him out until he's 100%. Not like we're looking to make a playoff run.
He’s been skating with the team…. They’re just are being extra cautious.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
He’s been skating with the team…. They’re just are being extra cautious.

There's skating, and then there's playing NHL-level hockey. To be ready, I think he needs to be pain-free and have pre-injury range of motion and strength. Also, practice can't replicate game intensity.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There's skating, and then there's playing NHL-level hockey. To be ready, I think he needs to be pain-free and have pre-injury range of motion and strength. Also, practice can't replicate game intensity.
If he had played last night it would have been less intense than most practices!!

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad