Keith Yandle Retires

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
I’ll remember him for slashing Panarin’s ankles when he was still on the Hawks and sending Panarin into the boards because Yandle was being a pissy baby for getting scored on.

I’ll remember him for undermining the management of two different franchises in pursuit of an Ironman record that would be immediately broken by Phil Kessel.
Negativity is a hell of a drug.

All in all an impressive career and I wish a happy retirement for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in media in a few years.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I laugh at people that think the Flyers did him wrong by finally healthy scratching him. At that point, he had played about 50 games too much.

Yeah the Flyers were so much better without him in the lineup. (sarcasm) They suck. (not sarcasm)

Respect to Yandle, one of the funniest, most entertaining guys in the league. Playing so many NHL games is a hell of an accomplishment, no matter what the haters say. Best of luck to you sir.

• Haha
Reactions: banks and Laus723

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah the Flyers were so much better without him in the lineup. (sarcasm) They suck. (not sarcasm)

Respect to Yandle, one of the funniest, most entertaining guys in the league. Playing so many NHL games is a hell of an accomplishment, no matter what the haters say. Best of luck to you sir.
He was definitely a good player in his prime, but not in the last couple years. He only played so much because of a useless record. And if you would watch him play it was pretty obvious why he was able to stay healthy and avoid injuries.

Reactions: Nizzle and Yandover

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He’ll go down as one of the most underrated dmen of his generation imo. He’s was a legit top 2 dmen for a number of years through his prime, and even towards the end was a lot more useful than he was given credit for. 12 straight 30+ point seasons from a dman is an impressive feat
Nobody will talk about Yandle post career, He was a good player for a long time though and his offensive stats are nothing short of impressive.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His first two full seasons in the NHL : (2009 - 2011)

scored 12 goals and 41 points (0.50 ppg) at 22 years old | 5 play-offs points (0.72 ppg)
scored 11 goals and 59 points (0.72 ppg) at 23 years old | 5 play-offs points (1.25 ppg)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 goals, 100 points (0.61 ppg) + 10 play-offs points (0.98 ppg)

in an era where in those combined 2 seasons,
5 x 100 point players and 4 x 50 goal scorers.

Era where the Sedin twins won the scoring race in consecutive seasons
Henrik in 09-10 and Daniel in 10-11.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Good dman for a while, plus the ironman streak is impressive even if it got a bit problematic at the end

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
He’ll go down as one of the most underrated dmen of his generation imo. He’s was a legit top 2 dmen for a number of years through his prime, and even towards the end was a lot more useful than he was given credit for. 12 straight 30+ point seasons from a dman is an impressive feat

How?

You saw it on every team and everywhere he went. He put up points but he was just not a true difference maker or someone who really elevated an NHL team from the backend.

If anything I'd have to say he's one of the more overrated dmen of his generation

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Haha man, people don’t like this guy.
Panthers fans were happy with him the first couple years but he stopped caring about playing any sort of defense and put the streak ahead of the team.
And the rumors of the team not asking him to waive his NMC but yet they bought him out reeks of this.

I will give him a ton of credit for taking a puck to the mouth, losing a couple chicklets and not missing the next game, even though the painkillers he was on made him loopy for the next week of games.
He's a funny guy and great glue guy in locker room though, had a stellar career as an offensive defenseman.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I’ll remember him for slashing Panarin’s ankles when he was still on the Hawks and sending Panarin into the boards because Yandle was being a pissy baby for getting scored on.
Literally did the same thing to Zetterberg in the 2010 playoffs after Brad Stuart scored a breakaway goal to put game 7 away.

Glad he is out of the league. f*** that stupid jackass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad