Player Discussion Keith Yandle Part IV (Now with new Poll!)

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
If we can move Staal and give him very similar money sure. If we can move Staal and Girardi definitely sign him, if not were going to have too much money invested in the defense.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Under 5.5? No NMC or maybe a limited NTC? Sure. We could trade him or put him away easily.

Above 5.5 with 6 years and the inevitable movement clause? Yea that's a HUUUUGE pass. Terrible roster management trading for him. Even worse not trading him when we had the chance

I completely agree.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I asked this before, and didn't get an answer: who's replacing Boyle and Yandle's lost offensive production? If we're keeping AV, he's reliant on offense from the backend. I don't see any of Skjei, McIlrath, Girardi, Staal, and Klein exceeding 30 points. The only defenseman I can rely on for 30+ would be McDonagh.

That's not a question this team needs to answer next year.

That production did less than zilch for us when it mattered in the PO's and we got further in previous seasons without it because we had players who were better in other areas that complimented the play of the overall team.

40 assists doesn't mean jack now

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
If I recall correctly, many of us here liked the Girardi and Staal deals. Now, we can't wait to get rid of them.

Yandle will be the same way in three seasons if we sign him to a 6 year deal. I hate to see the Rangers lose him for nothing, but that was the risk when they traded for him.

I love Yandle, but I think the Rangers should walk away from it. Maybe trade his rights at the draft and get a crappy pick for him, at least.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If I recall correctly, many of us here liked the Girardi and Staal deals. Now, we can't wait to get rid of them.

Yandle will be the same way in three seasons if we sign him to a 6 year deal. I hate to see the Rangers lose him for nothing, but that was the risk when they traded for him.

I love Yandle, but I think the Rangers should walk away from it. Maybe trade his rights at the draft and get a crappy pick for him, at least.

Well you're only going to get 3 good years out of him, there is always always always the concern of what that lifetime security deal does for NY Ranger.

Outside of Henrik Lundqvist it has never worked out for any of the Rangers that signed those retirement deals. It's a long long list of players.

I want Yandle back, but at a reasonable clip. One of the rare deals to workout for offensive defensemen on a long term deal was Brian Cambell, and Chicago couldn't wait to get rid of him.

I think the best course of action for the Rangers is to fill their roster with players in the 23-27 range and have a couple of reliable veterans, and perhaps an exceptional younger talent or two.

They can't run with the 30+ crowd and expect a full 82 and another 20 plus in the playoffs anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00