Keith Yandle Part II

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Such a hot/cold player. He played really poorly in game 5, but really brought it today in game 6.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
3rd Guy High said:
He was great in a few games earlier in the playoffs when I thought he was our best player on the ice. Sometimes you don't notice the rushes he starts and how efficient he is getting the puck out of our zone. That said, he hasn't been as great the past few games. He will show his worth if we make it past the Caps and into a series against Tampa/Chicago.

Just wanted to quote this from earlier in the playoffs when everyone was bashing Yandle and his play. We would not be heading to game 7 without him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Only Duncan Keith has more points this postseason. Stepped up big time this series.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Such a hot/cold player. He played really poorly in game 5, but really brought it today in game 6.

That's how offensive defensemen are. Ever since we (the fans) drove away Zubov (Mess also had a big hand in it, but we boo'ed him nonstop), we couldn't find another guy who can do this until now. Everyone was mad that Zubie missed some defensive coverage, but then we went from August 1996 to March 2015 without a competent offenseman.

This is how these guys play. They will take chances and that will result in them looking bad sometimes, but that's what will give the team points offensively. Let's remember that there are two halves on the ice and you need to score as much as you need to defend.

Yandle has 11 points in 18 games, which is prorated to 50 points over 82 games. For a guy who scores this much, his defense is more than competent. The guy gets paid to provide us with offense and he's now 4th in team scoring behind only Brassard (16), Nash (14) and Stepan (11). If he can do this in every playoff run, I'll be more than happy with the trade even if Duke becomes a superstar because by the time Duke hits his prime, Lundqvist will be done and so will our window.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
His wrist shots from the point are something to behold. don't think they are luck either. He usually picks the right spot. At this point just frustrating he's not starting on the powerplay

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
and i think you can bet money on him having an ankle sprain or something to that effect. his stride looks totally screwed up.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
and i think you can bet money on him having an ankle sprain or something to that effect. his stride looks totally screwed up.

Yeah, I think he's had something going on for a bit now. He's still managing to contribute, and that's the important thing. Big night tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
His wrist shots from the point are something to behold. don't think they are luck either. He usually picks the right spot. At this point just frustrating he's not starting on the powerplay

This. Incredibly smart shot to glance it off Brown for the deflection. Brown was tied up with a Rangewr (can't remember who) and Yands was aiming to tip it off of either of them.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Loving his game (been a fan of his for a long time) this series. We need his type of D-Man. Isn't as bad defensively as the mainboards tries to make him out to be.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He needs to be put on the top PP unit, if they havent done it already.

He is one of the only defenseman on this team who gets the puck on net from the point.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Too soft, turnover machine, not effective on offense blah blah blah - right?

The guy is a beast. He has a game nobody else on this team can even come close to providing. And I'd bet almost anything that he's laboring though some injury since the Pens series.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
An injured Yandle has more offense in his pinky than Staal,Girardi,Klein,Hunwick,Kostka put together.

His passes are a thing of beauty, and his shots are deceptive.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I know they've sheltered him defensively but the style of play in this series makes use of his skill set perfectly. Plus he looks more comfortable now.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The Yodeler looks much better. Only 28 and a definite re-sign for the organization.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yandle in the wind....

candleinthewind.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad