Tribute Keith Yandle Announces Retirement

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would 1000% love Yands working for the Coyotes in some capacity because he's one of those guys who is just gold for a room and an organization, but I think that bridge got burnt to cinders when he was traded.

Gonna miss him in hockey, though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I remember reading a quote from Yandle years ago (at least 8 years or more) that he always envisioned raising his children in Massachusetts. I wonder if that’s changed now that he’s so happy in Florida.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
One of my favorite Yandle stories ever. NSFW warning

Murphy: This is like in that movie Narnia? And they go in the closet and they're eating Turkish Delight.
Yandle: I've never seen that movie ... because I'm not seven.

Murphy: I feel like I'm always eating ...
Yandle: Yeah, that's the segment.

Murphy: I LOOOOOVE ketchup chips
Yandle: We know ... you ate the whole bag

Host: So how do we end this?
Yandle: That's your job.

Murphy: *looks at a candy called 'Big Turk'
Yandle: That sounds like a washed up WWE wrestler

My absolute favorite Coyote of all time. Unbelievable player, fun to watch and by all accounts just a super cool dude. Only ever briefly met him at an autograph signing thing, but dude took 3 tries to flip pucks over the glass to me in Vancouver when I was on the Western Canada road trip with the team back in 2013. Finally got one (dang kids next to me) and made eye contact with him out on the ice, he gave me the head nod. It's a little thing, but man ... like ... way to take 60 seconds to make a fan's day. This was 9 years ago and I'm still using my lunch break to type this out.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Murphy: This is like in that movie Narnia? And they go in the closet and they're eating Turkish Delight.

My absolute favorite Coyote of all time. Unbelievable player, fun to watch and by all accounts just a super cool dude. Only ever briefly met him at an autograph signing thing, but dude took 3 tries to flip pucks over the glass to me in Vancouver when I was on the Western Canada road trip with the team back in 2013. Finally got one (dang kids next to me) and made eye contact with him out on the ice, he gave me the head nod. It's a little thing, but man ... like ... way to take 60 seconds to make a fan's day. This was 9 years ago and I'm still using my lunch break to type this out.

The "NOOOO!" he lets out after trying the Big Turk has made me laugh uncontrollably for nearly a decade now.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

...and bring back Connor Murphy!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^that food segment led to a discussion about Canadian chocolate bars somewhere on here, and a month later (Feb '15 - brrrr) I found myself in Ottawa waiting on a flight and spied something called a Wunderbar that I remembered from the discussion. It was indeed wunderbar.

The night before I was in a hotel room in Montreal (-30C wind chill and frostbite warnings outside) and saw this brand new show on CBC called Schitt's Creek.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad