Keith Olbermann gone at ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
http://deadspin.com/keith-olbermann-is-out-at-espn-1716647790

Guess the NFL bashing and all the NHL talk wore thin with the execs. Too bad since he often had segments about the NHL.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's an idiot. That's probably why ESPN let him go. Well, that's what I'd like to think, but that entire network is a bunch of idiots swinging from the NFLs nuts. At least he was an idiot that didn't always pull the company line.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I didn't watch his show, but he was very critical of the NFL and it wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the reason he was canned

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Probably a combination of too much criticism of the NFL meal ticket and him likely wanting to go cover politics again with another election looming.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
ESPN has to save money somehow, they've signed to a bunch of costly sport rights agreements.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I am on the polar opposite side of the world from him when it came to politics but really enjoyed his show on ESPN.

It's really sad how far ESPN has fallen as far as content goes, but sadly even with FS1 and NBCSN backed by major corporate money they won't be able to touch ESPN as long as they control most of the live sports.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I really don't have much of an opinion on him as I've rarely seen his content outside of YouTube. From what I have seen though, he is at least more tolerable to me than the majority of personalities contracted with ESPN. His hockey segments were also rather decent so I hope that he continues to cover the sport in some capacity.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Living abroad I don't watch ESPN really at all but when I visit home and turn it on I get a massive headache. It looks terrible with vertical and horizontal scrolling headlines. Then you have the Sportscenter anchors who are all not funny but try to be witty and add something to the "sports news". When did the world get so tricked up?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
That was a sports show? Could have confused me.

(sarcasm.. and why I don't care that he's gone)

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
He was the only person who actually brought up the fact that all Americans were turning a blind eye to Hope Solo playing in the world cup. It was a joke the way US soccer handled it. I'm sad to see him go but at least there is still outside the lines. Bob Ley is pretty good too

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Time for him to go. He seems to move around allot and that is a good thing. He was right about fatty Phil but other than that the content would get pretty thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad