Keith Jones is annoying me more and more each game as a commenator

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
27-times-jim-and-dwight-were-perfect-frenemies-on-2-20314-1442959086-6_dblbig.jpg

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He's always sucked but he's usually insulated by worse people(Millbury, McGuire) when he's on Nbcsn, less insulation now do how much he sucks is being brought to the forefront

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
After more than 20 years in entertainment broadcasting these threads only reenforce the idea that you cant make everyone happy. Everybody sucks to somebody. People hated Doc. People hate Edzo. They really hate Pierre. I am sure there were people that hated Vin Scully. Next?

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I thought it was funny the other day when they played that clip where the Dallas player muffed the open net and Edmonton came down and scored. Jones said he was watching that game on the couch and the girl said it’s amazing you remember where you were in 97 and Jones said I was on the couch a lot in 97 :laugh:

Reactions: VP and Quarrth

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Find an album, listen to it, watch on delay, skip all intermissions.

Only way to stay sane if you watch an NBC broadcast.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't mind Jones that much. Sometimes I feel he has a very reductive and short minded view on things going on in games at times but it never rose to the level of "dude what the f*** are you even talking about right now" that I'd get almost every night from Millbury.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
After more than 20 years in entertainment broadcasting these threads only reenforce the idea that you cant make everyone happy. Everybody sucks to somebody. People hated Doc. People hate Edzo. They really hate Pierre. I am sure there were people that hated Vin Scully. Next?

Pierre was just creepy, "And you've got a long shaft for a reporter" like what...He would just talk about every plays junior team, which is cool info and all but dude there is a game on in front of you, discuss that and not what he did when he was 16

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
All media is pretty annoying except to the audience who only has a basic understanding of hockey.

They recycle the same non important garbage all the time.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Nah. There are legit A level American NHL broadcasters. Just 2 below that are good or better than any Canadian pbp guy.

I’ll give you the first. But the second is Chicago’s home announcer. There are many good examples of single market play by play guys

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Pierre is far better than Boucher. Pierre is quite good, he simply annoys certain fans.

Jones is decent, nothing more.
Boucher is much better than Pierre. Pierre is a straight fanboy for certain teams so it makes sense he annoys "certain fans" aka, every team playing the penguins that day. Pierre is incapable of showing objectively, whereas both Boucher and Jones are at times hated by Flyers fans (especially Jonesy) for some of the stuff he says, almost over compensation to not sound bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad