Keith Aulie

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Leafs fan dropping by to see how Aulie has progressed since being dealt to you guys. How has he been doing in that 3rd pairing role? Always thought he'd pan out as a solid defenseman.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Leafs fan dropping by to see how Aulie has progressed since being dealt to you guys. How has he been doing in that 3rd pairing role? Always thought he'd pan out as a solid defenseman.

He's been stellar. Really noticeable out there in a good way. Physically he knocks people around, pretty good positionally, and isn't a complete slouch in the offensive zone, either. We're fortunate enough to have three pairings right now that are solid defensively, and he's definitely been a bright spot. If I had to guess, I think his ceiling is a solid second pairing guy, which he may get the chance to prove in a year or two.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
In one word: Outstanding. I thought he was awful when he came to us last season but his stint in Syracuse has been great for him. He's smart, sound positionally, he's playing the body and he's even contributing offensively.

How's Carter Ashton looking for you guys? I haven't seen him play but his numbers with the Marlies aren't that great... :dunno:

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Adding to this. He has played so confident and is even poised with the puck. Very happy with his progression since we acquired him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He's seemed to have patched up his weak point, which was skating ability. We haven't had his type of physical presence in the lineup in a long time, been a real treat to watch.

BayStBully

Dec 7, 2010
Toronto
Leafs fan here, in peace lol. Out of curiosity, how is Muhammad Aulie doing? I know he struggled last year.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
He worked on handling the puck better when he was in the A. I think that improved his confidence.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Never understood why the Leafs gave up on a young defensemen with that size. While he looked a bit out of place last year, he's been an excellent addition to the defense core this year. He's developed a mean streak I don't think he really had in the past.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
Am I the only one who liked him last year? :laugh: I loved that trade the second I heard about it.

I'm not saying I thought he played great last season, or that I knew he was going to be a good player.

I just thought he was a very worthwhile "project" to take on, and Ashton was somewhat expendable for us anyways (although I liked him too).

Aulie's play this year has def been surprising. I think most of us thought he would improve over last year, just not as much as he did.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think a lot credit for Aulie's success belongs to his outstanding D partner Brian Lee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad