Not open for further replies.

Jerk Store*

I need to submit my keeper list in about an hour, we protect 6 players. I have

Crosby
Ovechkin
MacKinnon
Zetterberg
Rask

and can't decide between Yakupov, Nichkushkin and Letang.

Who do I keep?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is it just a straight draft, or are players assigned values?
(for instance - Crosby is worth $30, etc...)

Also: can you "keep" players indefinitely?

Also Also: are you going for a championship this year, or trying to set yourself up to win next year or 2 years from now?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd go Nichushkin. Yak and Letang could rebound, but Letang's health issues worry me and Yakupov is sill in Eakins' doghouse, as far as I know. Meanwhile Nich is on the upswing, playing on a good team, and will have Spezza centering him.

Jerk Store*

Is it just a straight draft, or are players assigned values?
(for instance - Crosby is worth $30, etc...)

No values, most points are for goals and assists with more points for special teams, but we do get points for hits, shots, pim, faceoffs although minimal

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No values, most points are for goals and assists with more points for special teams, but we do get points for hits, shots, pim, faceoffs although minimal

If you're going for broke and going all in for this year, you take Letang and don't look back. Niskanen's gone and Letang is going to eat PP minutes like yummy, chewy, Crosby-flavored candy.

If you're playing it safe and think that you'll keep this pick for 3-4 years, take Nichushkin. He has the outside chance of having a ridiculously good year, depending on how he meshes with Spezza-Hemsky. Nich's got the best long-term outlook of the three.

If you are trying to sabotage your team, and tank for a better draft pick, take Yakupov.

... personally, I'd go with Letang because he's going to have the best opportunity of the three, especially if your league rewards PP points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad