Keeper League - Trading Picks

jiminygillickrs

Nov 27, 2010
Hey all,

I'm in a keeper league starting afresh this sunday. I was awarded the second pick overall, which will boil down to picking Stamkos as the first overall pick couldn't be a bigger Crosby fan.

That said, I've been offered the 9th and 12th overall for the 2nd and 102nd overall (I would remain in the 2nd position for the remainder of the draft). Thus, instead of picking 2,19,21 in the Top 25 I would be picking 9,12,19,21.

I'm just curious whether or not you all think it's a good idea? Rather than give my opinion, I'd like to hear everyone's unbiased answer. Let the poll ensue!

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
How many keepers does your league let you hold? For me the more keepers you have the more likely I would be to suggest you make that trade. If you only have a few keepers, say 3-8 range, then I'd say keep the pick and take a superelite talent like Stamkos - you need to consolidate as much talent as you can in your keepers and not spread it thin (as you wont be able to keep everyone year to year).

jiminygillickrs

Nov 27, 2010
Thanks a lot for the reply. I realize now I should've provided more info.

It is a 10 man league with the following categories:
- Offensive: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT)
- Goaltending: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

This is the positional breakdown:
- Six (6) forward positions
- Four (4) defenseman positions
- Two (2) goalies positions
- Two (2) utility positions (Forward or Defense)
- Four (4) bench positions

This is the keeper format:
- five (5) players
- minimum one (1) forward, one (1) defensemen and one (1) goalie
- other two (2) spots can be used at the discretion of the owner

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I'd keep Stamkos in that format. 1. If you don't have to worry about LW, RW, C, then your best bet is to take the best forward available with #2, which is Stamkos. 2. You need to consolidate the best talent possible with your 5 keeper positions and there is arguably no better keeper forward than Stamkos 3. The minimim of 1 d and 1 g keeper means that you can only take 3 forwards, so they had best be REALLY good. I'm sure other people will have different positions but that's my 2 cents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad