Keeper Help

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Hey folks,
So I have 4 keeper spots in a 1pt PPR league. We have a superflex allowing me to play 2 QB's. I'm trying to decide between these 5.

Lamar Jackson
Micheal Thomas
Deandre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Deshaun Watson

I'm trying to decide between Hill and Watson. Let me know what you think. Draft is tomorrow at 8pm PST.

In case you'd like to know other options, I have:
Chris Carson
Josh Jacobs
Leonard Fournette
Austin Hooper
Darren Waller
Micheal Gallup

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Hey folks,
So I have 4 keeper spots in a 1pt PPR league. We have a superflex allowing me to play 2 QB's. I'm trying to decide between these 5.

Lamar Jackson
Micheal Thomas
Deandre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Deshaun Watson

I'm trying to decide between Hill and Watson. Let me know what you think. Draft is tomorrow at 8pm PST.

In case you'd like to know other options, I have:
Chris Carson
Josh Jacobs
Leonard Fournette
Austin Hooper
Darren Waller
Micheal Gallup
Since you have the super flex, I’d say maybe Watson, then Hill, then Jacobs?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Superflex, and if this long-term Dynasty keep the 2 QBs. They simply provide too much value and shelf-life. Thomas is an automatic keeper in PPR. I would strongly consider Jacobs over Hill. He should see a ton of passing situations with the lack of options in the Raiders backfield. But, if its between D-Hop and Hill for you, I'd go Hill. I'm not sure what the lack of pre-season means for players adapting to new systems and QBs, and you know Hill barring injury is a success in the Mahomes/Reid set-up.

Just wondering due to the strength of your keepers, is this 8, 10 or 12 man? Because the fewer the total amount of teams probably creates a better pool of players in the draft for positions that appear to have better depth (QB/WR) compared to the lack of true bell-cow RBs.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Superflex, and if this long-term Dynasty keep the 2 QBs. They simply provide too much value and shelf-life. Thomas is an automatic keeper in PPR. I would strongly consider Jacobs over Hill. He should see a ton of passing situations with the lack of options in the Raiders backfield. But, if its between D-Hop and Hill for you, I'd go Hill. I'm not sure what the lack of pre-season means for players adapting to new systems and QBs, and you know Hill barring injury is a success in the Mahomes/Reid set-up.

Just wondering due to the strength of your keepers, is this 8, 10 or 12 man? Because the fewer the total amount of teams probably creates a better pool of players in the draft for positions that appear to have better depth (QB/WR) compared to the lack of true bell-cow RBs.
Yeah it’s an 8 man 5 year keeper. Going into the last season and it’s the big money season. Half our fees from the last 4 years goes into the pool for this season.
Good point about Hopkins. But they did just give him a shit ton of money. I doubt he’ll be left out of the playbook. And he’s good enough to figure it out as he goes. Just get the ball close to the guy, he’ll do the rest.

My thing with Deshaun is the O line wasn’t good last year, not sure how much it improved, and it seems all his WR options are injury prone.

Our league goes
QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
1 Superflex
K
IDP (2DL, 3LB, 2DB)

I kinda want to go with Lamar and the WR’s and then draft back to back RB at 7 and 10. Then fill in with the best player available from there. I did that last year with Deshaun and the 3WR’s and got Lamar. I’m thinking I can probably grab a good value QB for the superflex since this is the last year and it’s make or break(probably should have mentioned that from the start)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do you have a feel for what the other teams are keeping? Jackson/Watson is such an advantage in a superflex league. With no clear obvious late QB to boom big like Jackson last year, I'd hate for you to lose that massive advantage at QB.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Do you have a feel for what the other teams are keeping? Jackson/Watson is such an advantage in a superflex league. With no clear obvious late QB to boom big like Jackson last year, I'd hate for you to lose that massive advantage at QB.

Attachments

• 80F3FA64-10B0-464A-AB82-4B07698ACCC0.png
    80F3FA64-10B0-464A-AB82-4B07698ACCC0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
There’s no clear obvious late QB but I was thinking I might be able to sneak in Kyler Murray.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Seems pretty balanced, I don't think you could go wrong with keeping Watson, Hill, or Jacobs/Carson.

Watson or Hill mean you pretty much dominate and lock up those positions. Jacobs/Carson provides cover in case RBs aren't available to you in the draft. I'd probably lean towards not keeping Hill or Hopkins just because there is an absurd amount of WR. Can't fault you for going with Thomas/Hopkins/Hill though.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah it’s an 8 man 5 year keeper. Going into the last season and it’s the big money season. Half our fees from the last 4 years goes into the pool for this season.
Good point about Hopkins. But they did just give him a shit ton of money. I doubt he’ll be left out of the playbook. And he’s good enough to figure it out as he goes. Just get the ball close to the guy, he’ll do the rest.

My thing with Deshaun is the O line wasn’t good last year, not sure how much it improved, and it seems all his WR options are injury prone.

Our league goes
QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
1 Superflex
K
IDP (2DL, 3LB, 2DB)

I kinda want to go with Lamar and the WR’s and then draft back to back RB at 7 and 10. Then fill in with the best player available from there. I did that last year with Deshaun and the 3WR’s and got Lamar. I’m thinking I can probably grab a good value QB for the superflex since this is the last year and it’s make or break(probably should have mentioned that from the start)
With IDP in play, I have no idea how to really value things. As I tend to play more traditional set-ups, but do know how Superflex alters value. I'd keep Hill over Hopkins, but it's really a coinflip (the guy I trust for rankings has Hopkins ahead by 0.3 in PPR formats).

Knowing how many top QB's and WR's there are, I'd probably give up Watson for one of Jacobs, Hill, Hopkins, as the QB depth should allow you to get a strong one with your first or second pick, and the gap between the 4th of so best QB and the 18th or so, tends to be only 2 to 3 points per week. in 12 man, I would absolutely keep Watson due to the fact with bye weeks, there needs to be about 28-30 viable QBs that will be rostered. In 8 man, that dramatically reduces the amount of QBs taken, also with it being the last year, it reduces the longevity value of someone like Watson.

RB is really short this year, and Jacobs is a top-10 back in all formats. So, depends on your comfort trying to make do with guys like Montgomery, Singletary, Zach Moss, A. Gibson, Taylor, Swift, Chris Thompson etc. You can win going 0-RB in the first 5 rounds, but you are going to have to work magic on the waiver-wire/draft. RB seems to be the weakest position near the top, due to how few true bell-cows/3 down-backs. If you made me choose knowing what you've told me, I'd probably go Jackson, Jacobs, Thomas and whichever of Hill/Hopkins you prefer. Also, the willingness of people to trade in your league makes a sizable impact. Good luck.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Giving the guys who reached out an update.

I kept Jackson Thomas Hill and Jacobs

After the draft
QB L Jackson
RB J Jacobs
RB N Chubb
WR M Thomas
WR T Hill
WR S Diggs
TE H Hurst
S/F R Wilson
K G Zuerlein

Bench
WR C Ridley
RB Da Johnson
RB L Fournette
TE B Jarwin

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Giving the guys who reached out an update.

I kept Jackson Thomas Hill and Jacobs

After the draft
QB L Jackson
RB J Jacobs
RB N Chubb
WR M Thomas
WR T Hill
WR S Diggs
TE H Hurst
S/F R Wilson
K G Zuerlein

Bench
WR C Ridley
RB Da Johnson
RB L Fournette
TE B Jarwin
I think you did well. Like your QB situation more than it would've been with Watson, splitting hairs, but Wilson is just so consistent. I'm a big fan of Ridley, whenever he gets more targets consistently, he's going to boom big, could happen this year. And a few safe running backs that will get plenty of carries.

Reactions: sabresEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad