[Keeper] Frederik Andersen or Andrew Hammond

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
I have to submit my keepers for next year next week.

In my league, goalies don't usually go to quickly, but I always like to keep one, so I can pick up a mediocre one in the later rounds.

Hammond is a beast - I am wondering if he is worth keeping, and then me trying to get Andersen or another goalie later in the next draft - or if I should just play it safe and keep Freddy.

Is this kid the real deal? Will he take C. Anderson's spot next season?

Stith00

Nov 3, 2014
Anderson 100%

Hammond has given the Sens a huge boost but when Lehner is healthy he goes back to being the 3rd goalie at best, plus the Sens are really pushing to sign O'Conner from BU which would push Hammond down even further

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Frankly both are terrible first options in a keeper, unless it's a 30 team league. Andersen is less terrible, but will have problems getting starts from Gibson.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I would almost rather dump 'em both and pick what's out there when the draft comes around. Keep Andersen if you feel you have to. Hammond is certainly going through a fluky run and will not continue to be as good for his career as he's been so far this year.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The problem with Hammond is, he's a UFA at the end of this year. So who knows where he'll end up. Ottawa's got two goalies under contract already and both are waiver eligible so not sure how strong their case is to keep him.

The problem with Andersen is that at least by the pundits to start the season, he was basically a stopgap until Gibson was ready enough to take over for the Ducks. Plus Boudreau apparently likes to create a carousel of goalies whenever he can.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
To follow up on what I said earlier... I wouldn't keep either. If you want them, they can be your mediocre goalie that you pick up later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad