Keeper draft day trade opinions

Rass

Apr 7, 2006
rhlsim.tripod.com
So here's a potential trade to be made on draft day, conditionnal to some player being available at this pick. Won't say wich team I am as I want an unbiased opinion on this deal.

Team 1 gives:
Ryan Getzlaf

Team 2 gives:
Pierre-Luc Dubois
2018 7th ov pick
2018 79th ov pick

- Ryan Getzlaf is a beast in our league.
- Team 1 is an up and coming team.
- Team 2 is a contender.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
12 teams fantasy hockey league, my bad.

Mainly looking for in a vacuum trade opinions.
Still missing details to weigh in knowledgeably...

The scoring categories.

How many keepers are permitted is huge.

How the prospect pool works also factors into this.

In my dynasty league I know I make the trade in a heartbeat as the Getzlaf owner to acquire PLD and 7OA, but that's because I can stash whoever I'd be drafting at 7 OA on my Juniors for 3 years until they're an impact player in the league. I also know that trading a 33 year old Getzlaf for a 20 year old PLD in my dynasty league is a no brainer, because it guarantees me a good to elite player for the next 10+ years as opposed to an elite player that will regress sometime in the next 3 years and likely sooner.

I suspect PLD takes a small step forward this year and again a small step next year before he really takes off in the 20-21 season. But even if he maintains a 50 ish point production with decent peripherals that 7 OA and 7th rounder tip the scales in this side's favour IF you have enough keepers. But lacking that information, all I can do is give you my input relative to my league, where I keep all my players and assets.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Agreed, depends on how many keepers there are etc. In my 14 team league with 12 keepers you could get a solid young prospect at 7 OA - in my league guys like Pettersson, Mittelstadt etc. are all available because we don't have a farm team/prospect element in the league, plus all players in the 2018 draft are available.

PLD + one of the below is a definite win, IMO.

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Mittelstadt
Pettersson
Tolvanen
Heiskanen
etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad