"Keep your head up, kid" The Don Cherry story

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
i watched the first one and hope to watch tonight, don't like his accent, making him sound like an east coaster or a real hoosier, not sure which one.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I thought this aired last year?

Like march 2010 if I am not mistaken

It did. But CBC is rerunning it for some reason. My guess is they have some programming issues and needed content.

They should simply poach TVA's Series Quebec-Montreal format and make it Calgary-Edmonton or something if they are hurting for content. You could even change it from a city against city thing to the West against Ontario.

For those unfamiliar with La Serie Quebec-Montreal. Essentially, the format is that there is a team representing Quebec City and one representing Montreal. The players are picked from non-professional ranks (though the LNAH is allowed this year) and must contain 1 player over the age of 50 and 1 player over the age of 40 and a female player. Last season they played an 8 game series and I believe this year it has been shortened to 4 games. After each game each team (or it might have been just the losing side) had to cut a player. At the end of the series the winning team won $10,000. They also picked a series MVP and that player won $50,000.

The show ran 3 nights per week seems to me. Sunday was an hour reality show style recap of the week of practices, meetings etc. Monday was the two hourish game and I believe Thursday was a half hour recap of the game/post-game show. This would be much better idea than rerunning movies from last year and showing old Hollywood movies over and over. I realize Making The Cut was sort of like this. But that was largely about individual skills and they didn't play real full length games on that series.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
My wife gave it me for Christmas in DVD form, but I was aware it was on TV again too. A very good movie considering it's Canadian made (sorry, even as a Canadian I consider Canadian made movies "foreign").

Cherry has always had a soft spot for Rose, so this movie really hit home with him

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
i enjoyed it...

brought back pain of 1979 montreal series tho....

I thought made Bobby Orr look very pudgy!!!:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad