Confirmed with Link: Keegan Lowe Signs ELC

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=660192

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Keegan Lowe on a three-year, entry-level contract. At the NHL level, the deal will pay Lowe $610,000 in 2013-14, $660,000 in 2014-15 and $710,000 in 2015-16. At the AHL level, he would be paid $67,500 per season, and the deal also includes a $235,000 signing bonus. He will remain with his junior team, the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League (WHL), as they enter the postseason as the first seed in the WHL’s Eastern Conference.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
EDIT: never mind. I should actually read things every once in a while...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dave, Doesn't he have a bit of a nasty (or at least abrasive) streak in him? or am I confusing him with someone else.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I like this kid an unreasonable amount. I wonder if we'll see him in the NHL this season if somebody on the professional roster goes down, considering all the AHL injuries.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I like this kid an unreasonable amount. I wonder if we'll see him in the NHL this season if somebody on the professional roster goes down, considering all the AHL injuries.

I haven't been following his Junior team, but understand they will be in the playoffs. When would we reasonably assume he'd be in Charlotte?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He seems a long ways away, very raw. That's just my opinion though. He works hard, he's got an edge. Overall skating and skill level need some time to smooth out. He's a prospect, but more of a project one. Looks like more of a lower pairing guy.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Day after they play their last whether its winning it all or being eliminated.

I know that...what I was trying to understand was how good his Jr. team is and are they projected to go far into the playoffs or be eliminated quickly? So would we PROJECT it be in the next week or two? or longer?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I know that...what I was trying to understand was how good his Jr. team is and are they projected to go far into the playoffs or be eliminated quickly? So would we PROJECT it be in the next week or two? or longer?

Pretty sure they are the best team in the WHL.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Pretty sure they are the best team in the WHL.

Thanks Joe. So he could be playing until Mid May if they are successful. which would mean he may not be in Charlotte at all this year (unless Charlotte goes deep into the playoffs).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He seems a long ways away, very raw. That's just my opinion though. He works hard, he's got an edge. Overall skating and skill level need some time to smooth out. He's a prospect, but more of a project one. Looks like more of a lower pairing guy.

I think his upside is Tim Gleason to be perfectly honest. A good hard-nosed defensive #3 that isn't exactly an elite skater who can throw down when needed.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
ah..ok. So there's a pretty good chance he doesn't play for Charlotte at all this year unless his team makes an unexpected early exit from the WHL playoffs.

Can't remember when the cut is. It's soon though.

Peters will be claimed by Charlotte from a source I have. But they have to name a full roster by a cut off date.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think his upside is Tim Gleason to be perfectly honest. A good hard-nosed defensive #3 that isn't exactly an elite skater who can throw down when needed.
I can see that. Same thing really, as not everyone would see Gleason as a number three. We could see Lowe in the next two seasons but I don't think you know what you've got for 2 plus years. Looks like a guy who hits his stride later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad