Keefes comments regarding Benoit after the game.....

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
If we don't play Lilly we will have virtually no d other than Rielly to be part of the offense ... High cycle etc... So teams will have far less to concern themselves with. So it should be some sort of rotation. No way Benoit deserves to not play at all.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Liljegren and Edmundson both stink.

If Keefe is gonna take Benoit out for either of those two he's even dumber than I thought. Considering I think he's about as smart as a bag of hair that's saying a lot. If you gave Keefe a lobotomy it might actually make him smarter.

I know I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

He says a lot of dumb things. Big surprise, I know. It makes for some good entertainment at times.

But usually it just makes him look and sound like the pathetic grovelling buttkisser he is.

The product of an organization lacking accountability. They should just fire his ass now. Get someone who won't take every opportunity to deflect his shortcomings onto the players.

That includes keeping Liljegren in the lineup ahead of Benoit because reasons that don't make sense.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I don't think Liljegren is bad at all, he's just been bad for a few games really bad, but so has much of this team. This 4 day respite hopefully cures what ails us. That game tonight was horrible, maybe the worst of the year

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Benoit should be safe. Really unfair to expect him to have 82 perfect (pass / fail) games. Even if he blossomed into a no.1, he'd still have at least 1 bad stretch of games. He's not a no.1, so if Keefe wants 100% perfection ALWAYS, he's the problem and doesn't know how to handle a team.

horner

May 22, 2007
I don't think Liljegren is bad at all, he's just been bad for a few games really bad, but so has much of this team. This 4 day respite hopefully cures what ails us. That game tonight was horrible, maybe the worst of the year
It's seems when he feels pressure from big opposing players he gets jittery and gives up the puck to soon.
I hope he can get it out of his mind.
The problem is the 2 teams we need to beat Boston and Florida have big forwards and apply a heavy forcheck.
I think in the summer he will be traded along with our 1st for a dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: notdoneyet

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
It's seems when he feels pressure from big opposing players he gets jittery and gives up the puck to soon.
I hope he can get it out of his mind.
The problem is the 2 teams we need to beat Boston and Florida have big forwards and apply a heavy forcheck.
I think in the summer he will be traded along with our 1st for a dman.
That was coached into him by the idiot coach.

Every mistake he makes is handled harsher than any other D player the last 3 years.

His confidence is shot because the Jr B coach doesn’t know how to develop D men (among many other things) and uses him as a whipping boy for his “authority”.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
If anyone should be sitting it should be Brodie or Edmunson. Both are bad and unlike Lilly have been shit all season long, not just for a short stretch.
I thought Brodie played much better when he was paired with Liljegren and put on his natural left side. If Lilly continues to play the way he has lately, then he should be the odd man out.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I just hope Lilly is not returning to the player he was at the end of last season and being scratched for the playoffs.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Will the comments be added so we know how we feel about them?
Here: pregame interview quote
Simon Benoit is the odd man out with Joel Edmundson entering the lineup. How did you arrive at that decision?
Keefe
: Just looking at it, I feel like we need Liljegren’s right shot. We also want to put Liljegren with Edmundson to see how it can come together for us. This is an important time in Liljegren’s development for us to settle in. We are through the trade deadline. We know what our group looks like. We will give Lily a chance to grow within the role and with Edmundson.

We like how the other pairs are set up. That is really it. Quite frankly, it kills me to have to sit Benoit tonight, especially in this building, but I didn’t make the schedule and it is what is necessary for our team tonight.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Will the comments be added so we know how we feel about them?
"We love the depth that Benoit has brought to us and his ability to come in, but Lily playing tonight was important and it is important for us to continue to work with him. Obviously, Benoit is going to keep the group hungry as are Giordano and Timmins as they continue to work their way back to health."

Reactions: arso40

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That was coached into him by the idiot coach.

Every mistake he makes is handled harsher than any other D player the last 3 years.

His confidence is shot because the Jr B coach doesn’t know how to develop D men (among many other things) and uses him as a whipping boy for his “authority”.

Pretty much how I see it as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Here: pregame interview quote
Thanks but I saw the pre-game one.
"We love the depth that Benoit has brought to us and his ability to come in, but Lily playing tonight was important and it is important for us to continue to work with him. Obviously, Benoit is going to keep the group hungry as are Giordano and Timmins as they continue to work their way back to health."
Thanks. Not seeing the issue.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Another factor (not sure if it's been brought up already or not) is that if I'm not mistaken, Benoit is a pending UFA. Would have been so easy to just site Brodie and let Benoit play instead of leaving him with the memory of being benched for a game where he really wanted to play, and deserved to play.

Keefe is such a moron. That is all.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Another factor (not sure if it's been brought up already or not) is that if I'm not mistaken, Benoit is a pending UFA. Would have been so easy to just site Brodie and let Benoit play instead of leaving him with the memory of being benched for a game where he really wanted to play, and deserved to play.

Keefe is such a moron. That is all.

He is a POS coach. The teams constant PO failures have always been a 2 part recipe to date. 1. Part Keefe and the other part Dubas.

Tre put together a tougher team this time around but there is no money for quality depth grit. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. That and once again see if the usual suspect chokers on the team blow it again. Brodie for exanple

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
anyone concerned about Keefes post game comments regarding Benoit? looks like he is the odd man out. Keefe doesn't want to hurt Lillys feelings/confidence apparently. Thoughts?
I didn't see his comments.

What does Benoit have to do with Liljegren's feelings on Keefe?

What does Keefe have to do with Benoit's feelings on Liljegren?

What does Liljegren have to do with Keefe's feelings on Benoit?

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Thanks but I saw the pre-game one.

Thanks. Not seeing the issue.
The rest of the quote is about Lilly getting squeezed at the deadline the past two years, and they think he’s been worried it will happen again this year and it has affected his play. They felt he needed to feel secure that Eddy was added essentially to be his partner, so they needed to play him even though this would be a sentimental game for Benoit.

And candlesticks always make a nice gift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad