Confirmed with Link: Keaton Middleton (D) Signed by Colorado to a 2 year entry-level contract

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
1 assist and -12 in 14 games for the Eagles. Has he been as bad as those numbers suggest?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
1 assist and -12 in 14 games for the Eagles. Has he been as bad as those numbers suggest?
Worse. I seriously thought the Eagles just straight up cut him when I saw the AHL transaction earlier. Big, slow, stupid, no puck skill.

Maybe they want him as an option to rot on the taxi squad and return Pateryn but the fact that he’s signed next year too...sigh.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Organizational depth... Avs don’t have many guys they can sign at once and need bodies. Defense is especially lacking. People shouldn’t be shocked at this given where the pool and the contracts are.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Organizational depth... Avs don’t have many guys they can sign at once and need bodies. Defense is especially lacking. People shouldn’t be shocked at this given where the pool and the contracts are.
Also could be a scare tactic towards Newhook and Ranta. Avs are 100% pushing for them to sign ATO’s so they don’t burn a year and I understand why. This could drag on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Also could be a scare tactic towards Newhook and Ranta. Avs are 100% pushing for them to sign ATO’s so they don’t burn a year and I understand why. This could drag on.
I don’t think these signings change those negotiations, but I could see a push to delay a year

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think these signings change those negotiations, but I could see a push to delay a year
I think Ranta gets done first. He’s the only one with any rope. One more year and walk is a card he can legit pull. It’s obvious Newhook is ready to move on. He’s not going back to college for another year, alone two. He just doesn’t hold the cards right now and the Avs are going to try to do what’s better for the team. He’s played like 15 hockey games in the last 13 months. He needs to play hockey with the Eagles to not make this year a write off and both sides know it.

Reactions: Richard88

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Ranta gets done first. He’s the only one with any rope. One more year and walk is a card he can legit pull. It’s obvious Newhook is ready to move on. He’s not going back to college for another year, alone two. He just doesn’t hold the cards right now and the Avs are going to try to do what’s better for the team. He’s played like 15 hockey games in the last 13 months. He needs to play hockey with the Eagles to not make this year a write off and both sides know it.
I don’t think either will end up being issues and both will probably end up this year... but I don’t mind a feeling out process for all parties... Avs would be fools to at least not explore.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I am curious to how much money he walks from if he does that?

Is there a signing bonus difference? Does it matter that Ranta was a 3rd round pick?

Thanks to anyone that can explain the 4 year college free agency to me.
All depends on his NHL shot. Losing on AHL elc money is no big deal. Bonuses, structure, and NHL time are the key factors that change that. All are negotiable. If he forces his way out to the right team ala Fox, he can have his cake and eat it too. If the Avs get stubborn they can withhold for the next 15 months.

Reactions: MaKarter

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I am curious to how much money he walks from if he does that?

Is there a signing bonus difference? Does it matter that Ranta was a 3rd round pick?

Thanks to anyone that can explain the 4 year college free agency to me.
Nothing really outside of waiting a year to get max signing bonus of 92.5k. If he’s a UFA and has multiple teams interested then they can bid whatever they want up to NHL imposed limits of course. Will Butcher got performances bonuses only first overall picks get. Third round picks usually don’t get any performance bonuses. Ranta has done enough in college at this point he knows there will be interested parties and that’s what gives these college kids leverage.

Reactions: MaKarter

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This is a baffling move. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, maybe Middleton is this years charity case for the Avs.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What the f*** are those signings? Jesus f***ing christ.

Feels like we are going to move some of our better prospects in the AHL and just want to make sure we have enough warm bodies?? :dunno:

I'll be surprised if Kaut doesn't get moved, personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad