Trade: [KC/SEA] Frank Clark to the Chiefs for 2019 1st rounder, 2020 2nd, swap of 3rds - signs big deal too

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's insane. What a steal for the Seahawks if that ends up being the deal. I didn't think they'd even get a 1st round pick in return because of how much money Clark wants combined with some of his off field stuff. This draft is loaded with DL talent too.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Seattle gets their first round pick and a second round pick next year?! Also they swap 3rd rounds picks this year...

Yesh, Seattle just ran away with this..

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Was he that much of an upgrade over Ford or Houston? Seems like a massive price for a minor upgrade on those guys.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
At this point? Yeah, he's a massive upgrade over Houston and getting better every year.

I was in favor of keeping him but you can't keep everyone, so I'm happy the return was good.
Now they'll keep Wagz for life and lock up Jarran Reed too.

Reactions: m9

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
That is hefty price considering the extension they have to give him. I get that KC has to do these sort of deals now with Mahomes still on the entry level deal, but I'm not sure whether this is the best option. Clark is really good though, so maybe it is.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was he that much of an upgrade over Ford or Houston? Seems like a massive price for a minor upgrade on those guys.

I don't think so. He's better than those guys but the difference between Clark and Ford isn't a 1st round pick.

Reactions: m9

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

KC has SF's 2nd in 2020.

I don't think so. He's better than those guys but the difference between Clark and Ford isn't a 1st round pick.

They got a possibly early 2nd in 2020 for Ford though, that can't be discounted.

But I agree - it seems like spending a lot of picks for barely moving forward, if that.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hefty tag but I’m happy. I’d rather have Clark than Ford/Houston combined personally, and he’ll be around longer than those guys would have anyway.

Looking forward to watching Jones and Clark eat for the next few seasons

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t see the issue with essentially swapping a 29 year-old Ford and a late, late first for a 25 year-old Clark. That’s basically what this is isn’t it?

It’s a great haul for Seattle no doubt but Chris Jones and Frank Clark are a young building block duo up front for the Chiefs now. The mantra for the Chiefs is to get younger, more aggressive and healthier on defense. I mean Clark and Honey Badger are not Houston and Berry in their primes but those days were long over. I still don’t understand why so many people are confused as to why the Chiefs are trying to turn the page on a terrible, aging and injury prone defense. The window is now, that #29 pick is valuable but it’s certainly not going to offer as much as Clark for the next few seasons.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Steep price.

Interested to see how this changes the dynamics of the late 1st round.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Steep price.

Interested to see how this changes the dynamics of the late 1st round.

Seattle will deal one of the two firsts to move back, and pick up a third rounder or something. They do it most years, but especially this year because they only have like five picks. That FO values quantity.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can someone explain to me why the Seahawks traded Clark?

Surely at his age and with this contending window (Wilson prime) he makes more sense for Seahawks then futures

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

Surely at his age and with this contending window (Wilson prime) he makes more sense for Seahawks then futures

I think it was between paying him or Bobby Wagner. Would have been possible to pay both, but that just kills your depth...and Jarran Reed needs a big raise too.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Ford just turned 28 while Clark turns 26 in the summer, so it's not that far apart.

One is also injury prone and the other has only missed 2 games in 4 seasons. Clark also fits our new 4-3 scheme better, hefty price but well worth it IMO.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Mahomes is still on his rookie contract, Chiefs are in a win now mode so they are maximizing what they can do with him still under it.

Hawks have to pay Wagner, who’s the backbone of their defense with Earl Thomas gone.

Now those two first rounders, they can draft some defense

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2