GDT: KAZ vs. POL May 20, 2024

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Kazakhstan was a jo-jo team before two teams being banned and went up and down every other year, while Norway and Denmark have been stable top division teams for many years. When Russia and Belarus are back, Kazakhstan will go back to being a jojo team I think.
They still are a yo-yo team, not to mention they dont produce notable players neither in North America or Europe. I dont see the hype Ozo has for them, hes been shouting about Kazakhs for years and years..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kazakhstan was a jo-jo team before two teams being banned and went up and down every other year, while Norway and Denmark have been stable top division teams for many years. When Russia and Belarus are back, Kazakhstan will go back to being a jojo team I think.
This is sort of a blind historical evaluation. Norway and especially Denmark are very obviously on a downswing, while hockey in pretty much the whole of "Eastern block" is on the rise so returning to some kind of status quo of yester years is borderline impossible.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
2nd one that actually matters. Nothing to sniff at, but unrealistic national pride at home does not comprehend 1:10 against USA...
It is what it is. They were an elevator team every year from 2009-2016 and failed to make it up in 2017 and 2018. So staying up since then is better than what preceded it

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Kazakhstan wasn't really better, Poland just folds under pressure like in every team sport. They knew the whole time it would come down to this game, the pressure built up and they couldn't handle it at this level.
Pasiut being in top 3 best players for PL is a joke, he's so slow and takes forever to get his shot off.
Most of the older core of this team is done, they just stuck around to play in this tournament, but no way guys like Pasiut, Dronia, or Kolusz are coming back next year.

Reactions: Fight4yourRight

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
This is sort of a blind historical evaluation. Norway and especially Denmark are very obviously on a downswing, while hockey in pretty much the whole of "Eastern block" is on the rise so returning to some kind of status quo of yester years is borderline impossible.
Do you have any examples or Kazakh hockey in particular being on the rise? Any bright young talents coming up?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
That was with a bunch of Canadians handed passports, now they are playing with domestic players. Obviously Russia pushes them down a spot and Belarus likely does as well. The Gagarin Cup champions had 4 Kazakh guys on the team, you have to crawl before you can walk.

Reactions: Uleke

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
They still are a yo-yo team, not to mention they dont produce notable players neither in North America or Europe. I dont see the hype Ozo has for them, hes been shouting about Kazakhs for years and years..
Dude, no disrespect intended, but you are the new guy on the block here. I have 0 Kazakhstan hype posts here before March this year, I do have way more than I'm willing to admit for Belarus and then suddenly Belarus have more drafted players than Switzerland in a reasonable time frame. So i'm gonna pat myself on a back over here :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Do you have any examples or Kazakh hockey in particular being on the rise? Any bright young talents coming up?
Just look at their U20/U18 results? Seems pretty straightforward to me, especially when compared to, for example, Denmark. Nikitin, Breus, Logvin, Nurkenov, Kim are all fairly legit prospects for this level.

As importantly, their local league is pretty much on par with those of France or UK after absorbing the former VHL teams which is also a big step.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Dude, no disrespect intended, but you are the new guy on the block here. I have 0 Kazakhstan hype posts here before March this year, I do have way more than I'm willing to admit for Belarus and then suddenly Belarus have more drafted players than Switzerland in a reasonable time frame. So i'm gonna pat myself on a back over here :)
Fair enough. But knowing Belarus, they will f*** it up, somwhow. They always do, without fail.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Fair enough. But knowing Belarus, they will f*** it up, somwhow. They always do, without fail.
Again, all due respect, Belarus is model program in last 10 years, their U18 results were as impressive as ours (despite your KHL is bad claims), Sharangovich is better than any of our forwards in NHL probably ever, and they have likely top 5 drafted Dman Levshunov come next draft. Ant knowingmore Bryzgalov is the next big thing for them right away. Fact they iced foreigners in key roles for years should not blind us to the actual good things they have in the pipeline.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Just look at their U20/U18 results? Seems pretty straightforward to me, especially when compared to, for example, Denmark. Nikitin, Breus, Logvin, Nurkenov, Kim are all fairly legit prospects for this level.

As importantly, their local league is pretty much on par with those of France or UK after absorbing the former VHL teams which is also a big step.

Come back to me when any of these players play in a decent European league and arent just 4th liners on a shitty KHL team(if that).
Kazakhstan has not historically shown any decent talent development, why should we expect different now? While denmark has made players like Boedker, Eller, Ehlers. They actually have a history of making good players.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Again, all due respect, Belarus is model program in last 10 years, their U18 results were as impressive as ours (despite your KHL is bad claims), Sharangovich is better than any of our forwards in NHL probably ever, and they have likely top 5 drafted Dman Levshunov come next draft. Ant knowingmore Bryzgalov is the next big thing for them right away. Fact they iced foreigners in key roles for years should not blind us to the actual good things they have in the pipeline.
Well see. Its not like we are gonna be seeing Belarus in the WC in the neareat future anyway, so its difficult to evaluate.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Come back to me when any of these players play in a decent European league and arent just 4th liners on a shitty KHL team(if that).
What's the point of talking if you basically plead ignorance?

Like ozo said before, same applied to Belarus, for example. They couldn't really squeeze much out of their prospects until they could. Same way Denmark had next to nothing to show for prior to Regin. Then they exploded, now it's back to nothing again. If you take off the blinders you will see Kazakhstan is producing volume that is bound to convert into quality at some point. Just like these other countries have before.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Well see. Its not like we are gonna be seeing Belarus in the WC in the neareat future anyway, so its difficult to evaluate.
It is easy to ignore NHL 30 goal scorer or top 5 pick in draft, when it doesn't suit my argument... :sarcasm:

All in all, according to you, to avoid extra quote, counties can't improve until they do. All clear.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
What's the point of talking if you basically plead ignorance?

Like ozo said before, same applied to Belarus, for example. They couldn't really squeeze much out of their prospects until they could. Same way Denmark had next to nothing to show for prior to Regin. Then they exploded, now it's back to nothing again. If you take off the blinders you will see Kazakhstan is producing volume that is bound to convert into quality at some point. Just like these other countries have before.
Denmark has a very huge advantage they are very close to hockey powerhouse Sweden with a great hokey programme. Their prospects actually have a chance. What does the average Kazakh player have? Either play 5 minutes in a bottom feeder team in Russia or go back to Kazakh league. Its a completley different situation. Denmark will rebound, its obvious, while im not seeing the same for Kazakhs.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It looks like their 2008-2010 classes will be that point.
Absolutely so, if they decide to represent Kazakhstan. As I said Kazakhstan is Belarus 10 years ago, if talent is too big, it might just represent Russia in the end. But geopolitics as bad as they are, are favorable to Kazakhstan hockey wise, so I am positive at the moment.

Same goes for Belarus, if we (hopefully) see them again, without pointless foreigners, they will be a top 8 team at very least. Their system at the moment is crazy good.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
It is easy to ignore NHL 30 goal scorer or top 5 pick in draft, when it doesn't suit my argument... :sarcasm:

All in all, according to you, to avoid extra quote, counties can't improve until they do. All clear.
Im not ignoring anything, i was just saying that one or two prospects here and there doesnt necesserily translate to success at Worlds and we cant evaluate how good or bad Belarus is if they arent even playing.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Denmark has a very huge advantage they are very close to hockey powerhouse Sweden with a great hokey programme. Their prospects actually have a chance. What does the average Kazakh player have? Either play 5 minutes in a bottom feeder team in Russia or go back to Kazakh league. Its a completley different situation. Denmark will rebound, its obvious, while im not seeing the same for Kazakhs.
You are seeing nothing then. Kazakhstan is ten-folding their kids game, just like Belarus was years ago. Namejs will run you though numbers, but as long as their top prospects report to their NT as Latvian, I do not feel optimistic no matter how much magic dust Swedish development program sprinkles on Latvian prospects.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad