GDT: KAZ vs. POL May 20, 2024

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well - they came, they battled and they added to the tourney. Now back to the Div 1 A quagmire.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
All three best Kazakh players have scored. That's the difference.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What snarky comment. In context its not obvious hes talking about Div IA.
I think it's way more likely that you got the context wrong than the fan of the team losing the relegation game forgetting that it gets them relegated.

Also, elite starts in May and 1A in April so it's very clear from the context he's talking about the later.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Haha, the play-by-play guy on Swedish TV is getting furious at Poland not shooting the puck.
"You can't pass all the time, you have to SHOOT!"

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
At least Kazakzhtan has some sort of level at WJC and WJ18 and some potential. They're in the region of Norway, Denmark, etc. there. And much better than Poland, UK.
Kazakhs are definitley worse than either Norway or Denmark. Denmark and Norway actually produce NHL prospects from time to time.

Absolutely wrong. I love Latvia both as a country and as a team.
This must be very subtle trolling.

Reactions: Namejs

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
At least Kazakzhtan has some sort of level at WJC and WJ18 and some potential. They're in the region of Norway, Denmark, etc. there. And much better than Poland, UK.
Exactly. Kazakhstan is roughly 10 years behind Belarus in terms of hockey development if Belarus was still a thing. Their hockey is about to get whole lot of better relatively soon.

Absolutely wrong. I love Latvia both as a country and as a team.
My mistake, before you showed up, I was the only Belarus fan here.

Reactions: Pan

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Kazakhs are definitley worse than either Norway or Denmark. Denmark and Norway actually produce NHL prospects from time to time.

They will play again WJC next year and had a tough relegation battle at WJ18 against Norway (which they lost). So at Junior level they're pretty much at the same level. Developing NHL-prospects is another story.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

This must be very subtle trolling.
Kazakhstan was a jo-jo team before two teams being banned and went up and down every other year, while Norway and Denmark have been stable top division teams for many years. When Russia and Belarus are back, Kazakhstan will go back to being a jojo team I think.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kazakhstan was a jo-jo team before two teams being banned and went up and down every other year, while Norway and Denmark have been stable top division teams for many years. When Russia and Belarus are back, Kazakhstan will go back to being a jojo team I think.
Not an unreasonable take, but on top of that Kazakhstan also gave up all their imported mercenaries, so this win is not exactly meaningless.

Reactions: Uleke

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad