GDT: KAZ vs. POL May 20, 2024

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Cagey contest has OT written all over it so far
Surely Poland would just pull the goalie if the score is tied at the end of the third. This doesn't necessarily go against what you are saying in spirit but technically, OT is very unlikely.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I don't know what Ak Bars saw in Panyukov but I see why he was disposed eventually. Ditto Mukhametov and Metallurg.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Second penalty behind the offensive goal line. KAZ trying a lot to make it hard on themselves.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't know what Ak Bars saw in Panyukov but I see why he was disposed eventually.
I tend to disagree, he looked really good with Barys that half-a-season, really nice puck skills. If anything, leaving to the big team too soon ruined him, he received some kind of Dzierkals treatment (which is natural to Ak Bars, remember Darzins or Hossa) minus the defensive efficiency.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I tend to disagree, he looked really good with Barys that half-a-season, really nice puck skills. If anything, leaving to the big team too soon ruined him, he received some kind of Dzierkals treatment (which is natural to Ak Bars, remember Darzins or Hossa) minus the defensive efficiency.
I am no doubt harsh, but I totally expected more from him personally for some reason. Same goes for Orekhov, somehow the clumsy Beketayev for better or worse is more noticeable in offensive zone.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Feels like "Wybic ta pilke" moment is coming at the end.
We can't though, unless we score. Tie does nothing for us.

Surely Poland would just pull the goalie if the score is tied at the end of the third. This doesn't necessarily go against what you are saying in spirit but technically, OT is very unlikely.
I imagine they will too, just could be tied until last few minutes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I am no doubt harsh, but I totally expected more from him personally for some reason. Same goes for Orekhov, somehow the clumsy Beketayev for better or worse is more noticeable in offensive zone.
Yeah, Kazakh prospects tend to disappoint. I expected Polokhov to become a solid KHL D.. Alas.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kazakhstan literally playing for a draw. In hockey :laugh: Truly a VHL game all around, now even the scoring levels are fitting.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I think it is obvious I can't explain watching this game to even my most hardcore sports buddies...

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
This game is somewhat tedious to watch, but it's the only one streamed live in Germany. I'm not getting the kazakh game plan (if there is any).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm not getting the kazakh game plan (if there is any).
If you see the scoring numbers in the VHL or Kazakh league it's the standard plan there. Meaningless holding onto the puck, some pot shots from the line or perimeter, skill player(s) allowed to make a play once in a few minutes, you try to get the PP and maybe score there (not necessary).

In the D zone meanwhile, you try to defend with all you got, collapse around the net, throw the puck out for an icing, etc. You do what you gotta do.

It's a classic. Somebody wins in the end because there are no draws in hockey anymore. It's joyless hockey, truly is, but sadly played very often in those places.

Last edited:

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Breus and Daniyar have provided the best Kazakh moments aside from the goal. Not much going on... They are begging to lose this game to Poland.

and as I say that... a key underperformer scores..

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Well now Poland needs to score twice to not get relegated. They should pull goaltender soon.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
See, if you have better players they might even score eventually. The game plan is genius.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Too bad, but even with this hockey Kazakhs managed to score. I dont know what the hell the Poles are doing. Its a do or die game for them, but they are playing like they are half asleep

Well that's a wrap, see you guys next April!
If Poland gets relegated, we wont see you next April, best case scenario is in two years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad