GDT: KAZ vs. LAT May 14, 2024

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
If we can't manage to get 3 points vs. Kazakhstan, I feel like we don't deserve making the play-offs.

Locmelis is finally back, Batna is available again, so we will finally have some structure to our lines again.

For some context, we played the first 2 games without actual centermen. With Batna being our 2C even though he's a power forward suited to bottom 6. Our 3C was a smallish winger and 4C a guy who started playing C this season and wouldn't have a shot at making the team if everyone was available.

We played most of the game vs. France with one actual center.

With that issue being in the rear view mirror, I actually feel confident about beating Kazakhstan.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
As long as we stay away from penalty box, we should be fine, Kazakhstan has little hockey in their bottom 9 and, if Shutov gets the nod again, and I'm fairly confident goals will come, their backup Boyarkin looked very good in the limited garbage minutes he saw.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Dzierkals-Ābols-Daugaviņš
RoBukarts-Batņa-Krastenbergs
RiBukarts-Ločmelis-Indrašis
Gavars-Egle-Tralmaks
Ansons

Looking good. Bukarts-Locmelis-Indrasis is a line that worked very well last year.

Once again, the only issue I have is Tralmaks being on the 4th line and Dzierkals on the top line.

Looks like Gudlevskis is starting, which also makes sense since we have a back to back and an important game against Germany tomorrow.

Uleke

Dec 11, 2023
IMHO, Latvia this year is weaker than last year version, so hope the Kazakhs can get at least 1 point with them

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
IMHO, Latvia this year is weaker than last year version, so hope the Kazakhs can get at least 1 point with them
We're missing Balcers and Balinskis. That's it.

As great as they are, we're not THAT weaker. As said previously, the first two games were disjointed because of issues with centermen.

We're back in business now

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Off topic - like for every status in the thread degrades value of that like. Will I get like for this one?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
It is not a bold prediction. It is average pregame trash talk. :cool:
Trash talk?

I honestly think we will school them.

One thing not brought up yet is the size difference. Kazakhs are as big as our U18 team.

We're the biggest team in the tournament and we play a tight physical game. We have more skill, more speed and we have better goaltending.

If we draw Kazakhstan, I'm skipping the rest of the tournament.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
This game is as important as it gets. Its 3 points or nothing for us. Hopefully Gudlevskis is ready and wont fail us early on.

Uleke

Dec 11, 2023
if Kazakhs want just to survive this tournament they must win just Poland, but they are willing to go play off against all odds they must win Latvia:rolleyes:

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Giving Kazakhs unecessary chances like this will cost us a game.

Atleast we didnt give up a goal in the first, so thats an improvement..

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
How many more chances does Dzierkals have to waste for Tralmaks or anyone else to be placed on the top line?

I mean, seriously. This is getting ridiculous. He literally had an empty net this time.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Finally some things are going our way. We need to get another one to make the ending a little less dramatic than before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad