Kastsitsyn VS Zherdev...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
cant comment.. i have seen a minimum of zherdev and i havent seen kastitsyn yet ..
anyway if you base your opinion on stats and draft ranking than zherdev win it !

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
Kryoptix said:
cant comment.. i have seen a minimum of zherdev and i havent seen kastitsyn yet ..
anyway if you base your opinion on stats and draft ranking than zherdev win it !
hmm ask this question in 2 years.
right now your only gonna get blind answers from people.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well I've got very little to go off. I have two games on tape from CSKA, with Kastsitsyn and Zherdev on them, but they get outplayed by Moyzakin (another blue jacket prospect) by a noticeable margin. I'd say both have a ton of skills, but I couldn't chose one based off 2 games. Kastsitsyn looks like he is a big problem of floating in the netural zone, but when he gets a chance to grab the puck, he goes into gear and has an impressive selection of shots while making good passes as well. I wouldn't say he's all offense, just way better on offense then defense. It's his floating in the netural zone that stuck out to me.

Zherdev didn't look too good in either game for CSKA, especially the first won (team got shelled 6-2) but I like what I've seen from him in the NHL so far but I haven't seen too much of him, as my main focus is the Habs prospects since I cover them only.

Both got skills :yo:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I can't really remember noticing Kastitsyn much at the WJC last year. I seem to remember Russian team covering up well but he didn't seem to play through the pressure well. Zherdev was on the 4th line that game and had two nice scoring chances in the 2nd.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
JasonMacIsaac said:
Belerus played Russia last year at the WJC. I know he plays for Belerus.
belarus waz in another tier and only played the crappy teams.
made a mistake not group b. but im pretty sure they didnt play russia.

Last edited:

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
Kryoptix said:
nah jasonmacisaac is right!
im pretty sure
belarus only played teams like italy germany, france some other bad teams, none of the good teams like russia, canada, usa, check rep,
they were one tier below and won it so they won the open slot to get into this years wjc.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Both are very bright young hockey players.

I've seen Nikolai play, mostly at the NHL level but only clips of Kastsitsyn so making a fair judgement would be hard for me, and most other posters because we haven't seen Andrei or even Nikolai to the max. Post this in a couple of years...

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Zherdev said:
Both are very bright young hockey players.

I've seen Nikolai play, mostly at the NHL level but only clips of Kastsitsyn so making a fair judgement would be hard for me, and most other posters because we haven't seen Andrei or even Nikolai to the max. Post this in a couple of years...

Can you tell me where you have seen clips of AK and if there is any on the web, you would be very helpfull if you could give me a link :bow:

Habsolument

Jul 14, 2003
St-Lambert, Qc
Visit site
Zherdev for now because he plays in the league and plays well. He was also drafted higher so I'll give him the edge. However both could very well turn into great players. Time will tell.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Cariboux said:
Can you tell me where you have seen clips of AK and if there is any on the web, you would be very helpfull if you could give me a link :bow:

I've seen some off the web, but never bookmarked it. I'm pretty sure you could get some clips of him off of Kaaza...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad