Kastitsyn scores 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Slick Nick, your proposition is exactly what's the tournaments like right now.

Group B (with Belarus and all) is a qualification tournament for next year's Group A. They have to "rotate" like you're saying, because if they don't, the group A would end up containing every countries. So they put the countries who finished at the bottom in group B the following year so they can try to qualify for the year after. You just can't ask every country to form a team in June to play a qualification tournament, because they can't evaluate their players, and what decides who will play against who? If Country X plays against Canada, Russia and USA in this qualification round, will you be satisfied?

The way it is right now is the only way it could really work.

BCCHL inactive

Anfernic said:
All I have to say is that I vote for Slick Nick, I think I'am the only one who understand what you really want to do.

Then why don't you do what he couldn't, and explain the process to us. Use my questions above as a guide to your explanation.

And rahan, although you agree with the current system, it is not a rotation. When you go down a level because you finished last, and you move up a level because you win, it cannot be considered a rotation.

If it was a rotation, there would be no need to play Div. I, II and III because the results would be pre-determined every year.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Van said:
Then why don't you do what he couldn't, and explain the process to us. Use my questions above as a guide to your explanation.

And rahan, although you agree with the current system, it is not a rotation. When you go down a level because you finished last, and you move up a level because you win, it cannot be considered a rotation.

If it was a rotation, there would be no need to play Div. I, II and III because the results would be pre-determined every year.

The guy don't have a specific idea, he just said that he think more team should participate at the tournament it's not so complicated. maybe he try to think to something but the way as I understand that is that he just want to put up idea and create a discussion where everyone bring their ideas and that's the way to have some good idea. Maybe we don't know the system of the international federation as u but we have some idea for the tournament and that's it.

BCCHL inactive

Anfernic said:
The guy don't have a specific idea, he just said that he think more team should participate at the tournament it's not so complicated. maybe he try to think to something but the way as I understand that is that he just want to put up idea and create a discussion where everyone bring their ideas and that's the way to have some good idea. Maybe we don't know the system of the international federation as u but we have some idea for the tournament and that's it.

Yes he did have a specific idea. He tried to explain it as the Olympic qualification system....then I showed him what the Olympic system was....then he tried to explain his own system, and refused to give the necessary details in order to propose an idea.

He had an idea, and then he resorted to insults and disrespect when it was proven to him that his system was not that of the Olympics....and when it was pointed out to him that his proposal couldn't be taken seriously because he refused to provide details.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Van said:

I know it's not a rotation, I used the word to express the division changes every year.. meaning the bottom teams switch to the B league, and the teams winning B goes to A.. that's what I meant. Not that they were all randomly rotated..

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Van.. I said I wanted qualifications because the kid that is 19 dosen't have a chance to participate to the U20 because last years team sucked... it's not his fault....

So the best 8 teams get automaticly qualiffied..the others go in qulification... thats it........

BCCHL inactive

Slick Nick said:
So the best 8 teams get automaticly qualiffied..

This happens under the current system.

Slick Nick said:
the others go in qulification... thats it........

OK, so now if we want to know exactly what you are trying to say... I will ask the following...

1. How many teams are in this qualification tournament?
2. How do we determine which teams get spots at this qualification tournament?
3. When does this qualification tournament take place?
4. How does this affect the World U20 Championship at the Div. I, II and III levels?
5. How does this affect the club teams that the qualifying players play for? Are these club teams willing, or required to give up their players for that extra tournament?

I put a real emphasis on question #4 because you state that it is "not fair" that 19 year-olds playing in the B tournament don't get the chance to play in Pool A because "last year's team sucked". Well, there are 12 teams in Division I, 12 teams in Division II, and 6 teams in Division III. That is 30 countries fielding U20 teams that do not get to play in Pool A. What is "not fair" to a 19 year-old playing for Belarus is also "not fair" to a player representing Hungary or Japan. It is just a fact of life.

Are you this adamant on this issue because you truly believe all 19 year-olds representing their national teams (from Belarus to Turkey...from Latvia to New Zealand....from Ukraine to Holland) deserve the chance to play in Pool A, or are you frustrated because you are a Kastsityn fan and do not get to see him in Pool A this year?

BTW, Andrei Kastsitsyn did play for Belarus last year....he was part of last year's team that "sucked".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia