Recalled/Assigned: Kassian, Reinhart, Hunt Assigned to Bakersfield (3 Game Weekend)

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

The right move to cram in more game time, and return Hunt. Should have sent Nurse as well.

Surprised Nurse did not get sent down

What Nurse needs right now is a break. He's tired, overworked and making poor decisions because of that.

No issue with sending him down for awhile after the all-star game but he needs rest away from the game right now.

After the all-star break, recall GR and let Nurse get his game back in the AHL.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
If nurse plays the rest of the year in the minors do we save a year of his elc or has he already played too many games.?

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I did not know about ten games or 30 days.

No doubt Kassian is waiver eligible under normal circumstances?

He cleared waivers in Montreal.

He will be eligible for waivers again when he plays 10 NHL games or is on the roster for 30 days.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A little surprised about Kassian, however he can work on his conditioning since IMO he'll be lining up with McDavid after the break.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
10 NHL games.

Actually I would have been surprised if Kassian had not been sent down. They really need him to play as much as possible.

Thanks. Yeah it could help him to get top 6 ice when he returns. Either flanking McDavid or Draisaitl.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Anyone have video of this? I must've missed it.

In fairness to Kassian this was late in the 3rd in a game in which the officiating was infuriating from an Oiler standpoint throughout. A game in which Hendricks also lost it on an official earlier due to their troll like faceoff drops.

Looked like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown last night. About 10 Oilers were kicked out of the faceoff dot last night, zero Preds from I recall. This anal attention on the dot going on in a night where we're missing two Centers, Pouliot is on dot for first time in ages, and Hendricks taking regular faceoffs.

I was ready to throw something at the TV. the officiating was troll like.

oilz89*

In fairness to Kassian this was late in the 3rd in a game in which the officiating was infuriating from an Oiler standpoint throughout. A game in which Hendricks also lost it on an official earlier due to their troll like faceoff drops.

Looked like Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown last night. About 10 Oilers were kicked out of the faceoff dot last night, zero Preds from I recall. This anal attention on the dot going on in a night where we're missing two Centers, Pouliot is on dot for first time in ages, and Hendricks taking regular faceoffs.

I was ready to throw something at the TV. the officiating was troll like.

The officiating was ****** GARBAGE. That was a terrible faceoff drop and how they handled it after is how a kid handles cleaning up icecream when he's dropped it on the floor behind his parents I swear to God.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seems to be the right move as a whole. I'm sure others could go down without waivers, but a guy like Nurse really needs a break. I'm also sure there are others such as Schultz who would clear waivers and could sure use the time to work on their game, but that isn't that realistic of an option I guess.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
He didn't really get the boot, he got a 10-min misconduct. I doubt there's a suspension, it will be MAYBE a fine imo.

He looks like a guy who is incapable of keeping it under control. His history suggests it and he's already getting frustrated and acting stupid. Keep him away from the team or suffer the consequences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad