Kassian-Gretzky-Yamamoto vs. Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen

Which line is better?

• Total voters

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Voted for Gretzky line but feel like I might have voted wrong, think calling Kassian+Yama 4th line players is a bit dishonest, wouldn't be surprised if #99 found a way to turn them into decent first liners. Maybe would change my vote if I could simply because the Avs line is proven chemistry in addition to more evenly good-great players of course.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Which line is better? All players are at their current age except for Gretzky who will be in his prime.

Zack Kassian - Wayne Gretzky - Kailer Yamamoto

or

Gabriel Landeskog - Nathan MacKinnon - Mikko Rantanen

Does Gretzky get Paul coffey on defense or not?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly Kassian would be a fantastic winger for Gretzky. He's big but reasonably mobile. He could just park and wait for Gretzky to get the puck to him. And yes Gretz did that better than even McDavid or Drai can. And if anyone touched Gretzky, Kassian can go full crazy on them.

Yamamoto is no Kurri.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Uhhhhh, neither Kurri nor Yamamoto are mentioned in my comment...

Well, Gretzky had a "Kassian-type" on one side and then Kurri on the other. So, essentially Yamamoto has to be Kurri for this to work?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Lol at people bringing up Kurri. Clearly know nothing about Gretzky's greatness.

79/80: 137pts (1st in the league), Kurri wasn't on the Oilers

80/81: 164pts (1st in the league), Kurri had only 75pts

81/82: 212pts (1st in the league), Kurri had only 86pts

Kurri had absolutely nothing to do with Gretzky's greatness. Put any random scrubs with Gretzky and he's still the GOAT by a mile. Insulting to have him losing a poll to players like Landeskog, MacK and Rantanen. Gretzky alone is in a different stratosphere than the 3 of them combined.

Reactions: Lauro

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Well, Gretzky had a "Kassian-type" on one side and then Kurri on the other. So, essentially Yamamoto has to be Kurri for this to work?

I mean i get your point, but I was really only talking about Kassian being a great linemate for Gretzky

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Two elite players is better than one. Gretzky is the GOAT and the fact that his line is close in this poll is proof he's a bit overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad