Kasper Larsen

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Any info on him. He’s 6:06 and 230 pounds or so. Has over 40 points this season in the OHL with Mississauga.

He is in what, his second season of eligibility as a Sept 23rd birthday? Perhaps @Brock can weigh in here since he has some info on Kasper from his import draft review and also saw him playing for the Danes.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
He is in what, his second season of eligibility as a Sept 23rd birthday? Perhaps @Brock can weigh in here since he has some info on Kasper from his import draft review and also saw him playing for the Danes.

Larsen improved a lot over the course the season, even if he was given a ton of ice time right off the bat. He formed a great first pairing with Hawks pick Ethan Del Mastro and the two were great together. Larsen moves the puck well and has an interesting profile for a defender of his size. He's not soft, but he's definitely not as physical as fellow Missy import defender Ole Bjorgvik Holm. Larsen's skating and footwork really improved over the year, especially from an offensive perspective. Learned to take better routes to retrievals, kept his feet moving to help start the breakout. Improved his quickness and four way mobility to make him a better powerplay QB and someone who can hold pucks in and pinch when needed.

I think he has a great chance of being selected late this year. Big defenders with offensive sense do not grow on trees. I'm a little concerned that the hands and defensive profile aren't quite strong enough for him to be an NHL player (could see him struggling to find a role at the North American pro level), but there is upside and again, the profile is rare.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Almost a double overager for the draft. Don’t know if there is much of an NHL future for him, you might see someone take him with a late round flyer.
Like most defenders his size - he needs to improve his skating more although it’s become better as the year has progressed.
Looks like more of a shutdown, defence first guy at the next level.

Edit: see brock beat me to it haha

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
No longer draft eligible but he had a solid first pro season in Sweden and I'd imagine he will play for Denmark at the World Championships (he played for Denmark in the Deutschland Cup earlier this season).

Given his size, I'd think scouts watch him closely both with Brynas in the postseason and at the WC.

Reactions: Eye of Ra and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad