Former Bruins Karson Kuhlman waived - claimed by Seattle

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would take Bjork over Kuhlman every day of the week

But why? Bjork hasnt done much

He has been given ample of opportunities. Placed on the 2nd line just the other game. But then dropped to the 4th line.

Kuhlman made more impact yesterday than Bjork has in a while

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
based on what?

Bjork is a 0.28ppg in his career, has 50.5cf on 57.5% o-zone starts
Kuhlman is a 0.268ppg, has 55.5cf on 56.7% o-zone starts

they're almost identical, Kuhlman makes half what Bjork does and isn't completely invisible for long stretchs

Neither guy is very good, but they have remarkably similar production

I agree neither is any thing special and both will probably be out of the NHL in five years. I just feel Bjork is the better player of the two

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
But why? Bjork hasnt done much

He has been given ample of opportunities. Placed on the 2nd line just the other game. But then dropped to the 4th line.

Kuhlman made more impact yesterday than Bjork has in a while
Kuhlman hasn’t done much either. Placed on the 2nd line for games in the Stanley cup finals, and for stretches last year. But then dropped to the 4th line. Neither is very good at this point. Bjork looks to have better offensive ability to me, but it’s six of one half dozen of another. Why are you surprised that some like Bjork better?

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I like Kuhlman. He clearly doesn't belong in the top 9 but I think he's the best 4RW option defensively at this point. He very rarely makes mistakes in coverage and he wins his fair share of pucks. I noticed Cassidy threw him out on Krejci's right when they were defending the lead in the last few minutes, speaks to his defensive ability.

Obviously not much happening offensively for him but he gets in shooting positions and shoots with purpose. More than I can say for quite a few others in this lineup. He deserves to stay in that spot for the time being, at least until Senyshyn is healthy or he falters.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Still not seeing an issues with Kuhlman, truthfully. He’s quick, he’s a great skater and he buzzes around whatever zone he’s in. Not overtly creative and doesn’t have the best hands. That said, he shoots pretty well and looks like he’s attempting to make plays, win the game. He’s the perfect, modern fourth-line winger or center, IMO. Energy, speed and aggression/purpose on the forecheck.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Still not seeing an issues with Kuhlman, truthfully. He’s quick, he’s a great skater and he buzzes around whatever zone he’s in. Not overtly creative and doesn’t have the best hands. That said, he shoots pretty well and looks like he’s attempting to make plays, win the game. He’s the perfect, modern fourth-line winger or center, IMO. Energy, speed and aggression/purpose on the forecheck.

How about Bjork? Why can't he get going? He is considered to be more skilled

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

If he can play like he did last night I'm perfectly fine with him playing on the fourth line. He has a motor for sure

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Loving his game right now. Hopefully the points will come.

A couple times I thought he was Marchand....that's a very good thing.

I hope to see

Kuhlman Frederick Senny

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Loving his game right now. Hopefully the points will come.

A couple times I thought he was Marchand....that's a very good thing.

I hope to see

Kuhlman Frederick Senny
Sabres fan watching the game last night and was very impressed with Kuhlman. A couple of times last night I was thinking- who is that! Very fast as well.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He's a very likeable guy, but I am still not a buyer of him as a regular. He looked good last night, but I think he'll regress to the mean over the next few games he plays.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Any word regarding his injury?

3rd line was amazing tonight
No idea. Hit the top of his hand. Point blank clapper. Ouchie.

And not just tonight, he’s been great since he returned from Provi.

Hope he doesn’t miss much. Guy has had a rough bout with injuries

Reactions: rocketdan9

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
No idea. Hit the top of his hand. Point blank clapper. Ouchie.

And not just tonight, he’s been great since he returned from Provi.

Hope he doesn’t miss much. Guy has had a rough bout with injuries

Hoping it's not serious ... he's one of the unlucky ones when it comes to injuries.

Yes the 3rd line was the best it's been all year. The speed/pressure/puck pursuit was fun to watch. Should he be out for long Senny could slide in.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
He has been so much better this year than last year. I really hope his hand is alright, that shot was a bomb and there's not a lot of padding back there. Tough luck for him again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad