Karri Kivi - What's next

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
As you all know, Karri Kivi has taken Ässät and Team Finland U20 with relatively weak rosters to championships. What will be up next, where is the cap for his potential? Can you see him being an NHL coach one day?

And with relatively weak I mean that experts didn't see championships not even as long shots.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
I'm thinking he will the next head coach of the national team after The Nose.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
I'm thinking he will the next head coach of the national team after The Nose.

Would be a very natural selection. Coaching a national team is different than coaching a club and Kivi has now experience of that. Sure, U20 is U20 and Main Squad is Main Squad, but Kivi got already things done with adults too in Ässät.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
How long is kivi's contract? I'm guessing the next natural step is the KHL. NHL is unlikely, not that he isn't good enough but due to the culture with teams only hire na coaches. For now i would still rather have Marjamäki as nt coach than kivi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How long is kivi's contract? I'm guessing the next natural step is the KHL. NHL is unlikely, not that he isn't good enough but due to the culture with teams only hire na coaches. For now i would still rather have Marjamäki as nt coach than kivi

One more years plus an option year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad