Speculation: Karlsson to Toronto?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I was talking to a friend of mine who's a big Leaf fans and i said that the Leafs should try to get Karlsson.
IMO Leafs win the cup with Karlsson added.
You guys would need a pretty good shut down D with leadership like Edmundson too. Then you guys have a pretty good shot.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Us guys. I'm not a Leaf fan, Hate them. But i believe an added Karlsson makes them big time favourites to win the cup.
weird to see you say something like this. honestly Im not sure if that would be enough. I think it would be a huge help but their issue alot of the time is being pushed around so much it throws them off their game when it matters. bottom 6 needs a few guys that can push back, or atleast I think it does.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
weird to see you say something like this. honestly Im not sure if that would be enough. I think it would be a huge help but their issue alot of the time is being pushed around so much it throws them off their game when it matters. bottom 6 needs a few guys that can push back, or atleast I think it does.
Leafs have lost game 7's because their offense sputtered. Karlsson on the backend IMO fixes that problem.
I can't see any team beating the Leafs with Karlsson added in the lineup.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Leafs have lost game 7's because their offense sputtered. Karlsson on the backend IMO fixes that problem.
I can't see any team beating the Leafs with Karlsson added in the lineup.
Im down to get it done. I just think the return will have to be much better than Knies + cap dump(or is it if he can LTIR - worthless asset) + I assume 2023 TOR 1st as those (picks) + more

I like Knies as much as anyone but retaining half of 11m for the next 5 seasons(including this one) but that kinda retain can warrant Knies alone as payment
not sure Leafs have the assets to get this done

Reactions: Doubledose

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Im down to get it done. I just think the return will have to be much better than Knies + cap dump(or is it if he can LTIR - worthless asset) + I assume 2023 TOR 1st as those (picks) + more

I like Knies as much as anyone but retaining half of 11m for the next 5 seasons(including this one) but that kinda retain can warrant Knies alone as payment
not sure Leafs have the assets to get this done
Yes i agree. The return will have to be more.
The question is are the Leafs willing to sell of some of their future to what i think would be a 99% chance to win the cup. [ There's always that 1% as is nothing is guaranteed in life ]
Lay down a large sum of cash in front of me and say pick the Cup winner this season and it's yours , I'd easily choose The Leafs with Karlsson added to their lineup.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1671285250362.png

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
There’s no way Karlsson goes without a first. No way sharks are adding “prospects” when they didn’t get a chance to choose em. All nice pieces, but first rounder needs to be involved. San Jose needs to rebuild just like my Ducks team

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I have no interest in Karlsson at all not even for free at a 50% cap hit.
There is no way his body holds up for the length of that contract. Really given his injury history would you really be confident he can maintain it for the rest of this season and a playoff run?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Karlsson at half retained is worth a HELL of a lot more than Knies. Especially when they’re also taking a bad contract back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad